1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which droid phone?

Discussion in 'General' started by ducrcr, May 24, 2011.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I like my EVO but the battery life is ridiculously bad.

2. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

All these phones remind me of the days of 486 laptops. My Shift EVO is a cute toy, and that's about it. It's a poor phone (the 9 dollar tracfone I carry when doing tree work is a much better phone), most of the apps are butt slow and battery life is a joke.

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

They are full of shit about the iPhone 4 battery life. My wife has the iPhone 4 on Verizon and I had to root the hell out of my Incredible to get anywhere near the battery life she has. And hers still wins. Good rule of thumb, don't ask the sales associates at Verizon anything, they don't know generally. These are the same geniuses that tell you to install task killers on all Android phones.

If you aren't stuck on 4G, I would recommend the iPhone 4 or Incredible 2 on Verizon, in that order. And that is coming from someone with the Android and iPhone in the house.

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I have the Thunderbolt and it's an amazing device. It's big but not overly heavy. It makes my girlfriend's Incredible feel like a toy phone. However, if battery life is a major issue for you, DO NOT get the Thunderbolt. It will not make it through a full day without some kind of charging. When I'm at my desk I plug it in and plug in the car charger when I'm on the road. The 4G LTE and expandable memory steered me away from the iPhone. To me, it's way easier to use than an iPhone too.

5. PATBAROK

PATBAROK I <3 Poontang

buy my old Samsung Fascinate:D

6. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Droid X2

Well I ended up with a Motorola Droid x2. I figure by the time they get 4g up in the areas I'm in most of the time, it'll be time for and upgrade and i can go 4g then. Now I've just got to figure out how to run the thing! :up:

7. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

I got my wife the Atrix a couple months ago. My only complaint is the music management is COMPLETE shit. In this respect, the iPhone blows them all away. She LOVES the Android OS though. I'm quite happy with my iPhone 4.

8. The CHAD

The CHAD Well-Known Member

Do you have the App "LTE onoff" I use it all the time. You can turn the 4G on or off depending on your needs. The battery life seems to be better when you have the 4G turned off. If I am using the phone as a hotspot I just plug it in and turn the 4G service back on.

9. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

No, we're just getting LTE in my area right now and they're still testing. I have it most times and it will be launched completely on June 16th.

10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

If it's THAT bad, you need to school yourself on what apps you have dl'ed. Many apps run all the time, which leads to major battery drain.

11. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I rooted it and got rid of all the bloatware and generally have very little running in the background. I just use the phone a lot as I need it for my job. I constantly have to have it plugged in and I keep a spare battery in my pocket. I think with this phone at least, that there are good ones and bad ones. My first one would just reboot randomly all the time. This one is more stable but the battery life is a little worse.

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

That's actually something I've found to be rather true. It's strange that Android's can be all over the place. Some are flawless while others have "glitches" out of the box.

13. 6_Myles

6_Myles Well-Known Member

I agree. I've had great battery life out of my X, without too many random restarts (maybe 1 or 2/day max).

But the forums are filled with people who have the exact opposite experience.

14. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

I have been very happy with this DROID X2, its been easy to use and so far battery life has been better than expected.

There's a cool forum at droidx.com that will help a lot.

15. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

HTC evo, get the app killer it helps the battery but still the life of the battery sucks

16. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

I have the original motorola driod and the battery life is pretty damn good. Got it the day it came out and still goes the whole day with out a charge.
    Have the new Droid phones actually gotten worse with battery life?

17. RCDAVE

RCDAVE Member

Love my Iphone. My son plays games on it all day I use it too much never have i had to charge the thing twice in 24 hours. I listen to Radio IO that drains a bit but not bad.

18. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

My wife has the HTC Incredible and my battery life is much better. She pays the price for much better display. I'd gladly trade her. :crackup:

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

If you root the Incredible, the battery life improves exponentially. I can get a full day every day since going in, changing my settings and installing a custom ROM. Makes an unbelievable. difference.

20. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

My G/F has gone through 9 Droid Incredibles. Most of the refurbs were junk within an hour after activation.