Exciting 500 GP race!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Guoseph, Apr 8, 2001.

1. rgv777

rgv777 Well-Known Member

No it didnt spoil things much. Of course, as soon as I realized you were talking about Suzuka I closed my eyes! I also made the mistake of checking Speedvision.com for the show time. I caught the headline in the corner of my eye. It really has a very small impact upon my enjoyment factor - at least when the racing is close. When it's a runaway victory, knowing the results beforehand does limit the enjoyment. Of course its never much fun watching runaway victories - right Ted C. [​IMG] (sorry couldn't resist)

[This message has been edited by rgv777 (edited 04-09-2001).]

2. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

I have a friend on the EARA ysr list that sent a message that said Rossi is the man. I knew what was up then but I still kept away from the BBS until I saw the races, and Jackass on Mtv. Those guys are nuts. And the racers were too. Every time I see the 125s or 250s come on I keep watching for DiSalvo. I think if he can do so well in the regionals over there he should give world gp a try. It's not like he hasn't surprised us before.

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

He has tried, and failed miserably in GP racing. Two South American rounds, if I recall correctly. Maybe next go around will be better.

4. timspeed

timspeed Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that. He won a good deal of races over there, just not the world gp stuff. I guess we should watch alienracing.com for more info on his schedule.

5. rfknight

rfknight P-Star

Well you beat me to it JU. I was going to mention seeing the "eyes" for the first time on Kevin Rentzell's helmet in 1993. It kinda weirded me out when I saw them for the first time in GP. I was thinking, now Kevin is/was really good but.......nah.

Kudos to Rossi for showing Max the way to the checkered.

6. wera122

wera122 Guest

Hey, you say that too? That's cool! [​IMG]

I love watching those two duke it out on the track. The slow motion replay of Biaggi throwing that elbow was wild. You knew Rossi was pissed and gonna do something about it. I'm sure it got Max's attention when he swooped across his front at the end of the straight. Nothing like flipping someone the bird while tipping it into a super fast right hander.

And the McCoy Slide Show was just as exciting as ever. You gotta respect a guy who runs a race on qualifying compound tires.

7. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

If I was Biaggi's team manager I would be putting a foot in his ass. This is not Nascar. [​IMG]

On the Eyes helmet, was talking to Kevin when he brought that up at Daytona. He was flattered about the whole thing.

8. rgv777

rgv777 Well-Known Member

If the name fits, wear it! He is, so it does... [​IMG]

9. WERA476

WERA476 Well-Known Member

I was just really down with Rossi at full speed, full tilt and mid corner one hand on the bar with a friendly little thank you.

10. wera122

wera122 Guest

Yeah, I didn't think it was cool pushing someone out into the dirt at those speeds, especially knowing there were 20+ riders directly behind them at speed.

I don't mind rubbing elbows every now and then during good, clean, close racing but don't approve of it with bad intentions. Hell, with those two it's probably a game and they joke and laugh about it in private. It's still fun to watch as long as nobody gets hurt in the process.

11. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

I guess at that level the competition is just so fierce. I wonder if any of those guys still race for "fun" like we do [​IMG]

12. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

"THAT" level of competition is really just Biaggi's level. That bastard has had a problem with Rossi since he burst onto the world scene. The only thing Biaggi hates more than getting beat is getting beat by an Italiain, it seems. He can't stand not being the focus of everyone's attention.

13. Guoseph

Guoseph Soil Sampler

I like being the center of attention too. The world may be round, but it goes around me [​IMG]

14. DucSoup63

DucSoup63 Guest

That was a VERY cool race. And the 250s weren't bad either. They both made last week's superbike races look boring. No, wait, the superbike races WERE boring. Not that they were bad, but there was more excitement and suspense this week even AFTER JU let the cat out of the bag. [​IMG]

15. Zanyeights

Zanyeights Well-Known Member

By far the best part, well at least matching Rossi showing Biaggi that he thinks he is number one was seeing McCoy Both wheels slidin powering out of one of the faster corners on the second to the last lap or so. Way awesome!!!

I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy (You get the picture!) who says that Revin Kevin is finally feeling pretty good after his Pocono tumble and is thinking about taking a few laps pretty soon, purely for fun and to enjoy the track with no pressure. Would be pretty cool to see!

16. scuzzlebutt

scuzzlebutt Proffessional Twat

Your wife likes Nakanos Helmet?! She into Japanese guys [​IMG]

17. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

Yup, Kevin was the first rider to use the eyes that I know of.

Not only did Kevin have a cool helmet, but those early GSXR 750s with the 1100 engines stuffed in them were pretty wicked too. I think Scott Gray used to ride a 750 with an 1100 engine too.

18. Hubbard

Hubbard Puff... Puff... Give...

19. rgv777

rgv777 Well-Known Member

John Cooper also used the moon eyes back in the days of the 'pudding basin' helmets. aaah trivia...

20. Glenn Foster

Glenn Foster Well-Known Member

Sissy hippie. When I put you in the dirt you better just shut up and like it! [​IMG]