1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite non Road Racer?

Discussion in 'General' started by benfer, May 18, 2011.

1. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Mine too... RIP....

I had the privledge watching Chandler Race at Road Atlanta in the early 80's..... After the start (Coming out of T-1)they head up the hill in the Infield before diving in the woods.. There was a Jump there... He got the hole shot and led a friggin Huge Pack up to the topafter the start.. Went off the Jump aired it out and did a No Hander for the crowd.... Of course he got passed right after but thats the way he was.. He was awesome and lived for the moments for sure.....
    RIP Danny.. We need more people like you in the World....http://vimeo.com/6547607

This might be that Day because I think it says ROAD ATLANTA on his pants.. Not to mention it looks like the same Ambulance they use today..LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Man superbikers was a cool deal. Way more hardcore then supermoto today. I remember seeing Carr on it.

3. rick burdick

rick burdick Rick122

Steve Wise

4. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

Third that!!! at the first Snowshoe GNCC, in a section that had A & AA riders struggling just to push thru. Knight comes thru WFO, just looked effortless for him he wasn't even dirty. Was the most impressive & at the same time demoralizing display of ability i've ever seen racing.

5. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

Jeff Ward 125 / 250 / 500 MX champ 125 / 250 SX champ 450 supermoto champ and almost won the indy 500 and I think he almost won an offroad truck championship recently

6. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

7. The_Dude

The_Dude Well-Known Member

Pastrana & Mouse Mccoy, anyone that can solo the Baja 1000 and be competitive is legit in my book