1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts while riding home from Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by sowega, May 8, 2011.

1. sowega

sowega #710

Oh, you're clever. I see what you did there.

Dickhole.:crackup:

2. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

How many warm up laps do you get in ESS?

3. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

[​IMG]

:D

4. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I don't get it.

Btw, James, I did the open house at Skip Barber today. Hit a cone in the autocross and took off the fascia below the passenger door. Felt like a real winner. Rode a hot lap with Spencer Pigot (from FL, won the Skip Barber Natl Championship last year). Kid's only 17, but he can flat out drive.

First time I have ever gone through old T12 at RA. Meh.

5. mkraft

mkraft Witchkraft Racing

Stopped @ McDonalds on way home, maybe an hour from track. I asked for fudge in my mcflurry; told me they don't do that.

Exqueeze me...baking powder?

Those might have been the most disappointing words of the weekend. Justice is needed.

6. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Enough that those tires had to be stone cold by the time they threw the checkered. Just think of the fuel economy with such stingy use of the throttle. It was his first race, come on people how 'bout a little support. :up:

7. bitchcakes

omg, so brokeback!!

8. sowega

sowega #710

Haha, I'm a big boy; I can take it. :up:

As it stands, I had two goals for the weekend: don't crash and don't come in last. I rode more conservatively than I normally would, met both of those, and learned quite a bit:

- I have to really focus on starting the race with my head in 'race mode.' I think I was cruising around like a trackday for the first lap and a half.

- The little Ninja is a lot more capable than I thought it would be.

- Racing is/should be fun; the more fun you allow yourself to have, the faster you go.

- Those last two laps with the guy on the black 250 are the most fun I've ever had on a motorcycle.

See you at Jennings.

9. bitchcakes

I am so embarrassed, that is my man, Carl actually holding hands with jimmy. You caught it on tape, proof, I knew it was true! OMG....:eek:

10. just in time

just in time Well-Known Member

thanks for the videos sowega.

11. James Bayles

James Bayles Well-Known Member

Hey you'll get in trouble here for mentioning you had fun on more than two wheels. Good for you, can't wait to here the whole story!

12. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Meh? Old turn 12 is the bomb diggity.

Haterz got to hate.

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Exactly, I rode the same way. Especially at a place like Barber, that's one hard track to learn quickly. My first time there and first race in a long time. That was still a great zinger from 88/532 though! Cracked me up! Anything goes as long as it's funny I say :up: See you guys at Jennings.

14. sowega

sowega #710

Amen. It wasn't until the last 3 laps or so that I could trust that I could top one of those hills and not have to think about where the track goes next. :crackup:

15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

this...

and this. the first quote is something that i always "knew" but i dont think i understood well enough. i've always sucked at barber before and came into this past weekend just not giving a shit about performance and simply looking to go "play." suddenly my lap times drop from 50s to 45s and i pick up two podiums. arguably the best performance i've ever had and definitely the most fun race weekend i've ever had. and it wasnt the most fun because of my performance, i had a good performance because i was having so much fun.

second quote... you did it a lot quicker than i did. took me 3 years to reach that point :D

16. sowega

sowega #710

17. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Unless it's oiled up nude chicks sliding down a huge sheet of plastic, I'm not watching! :D Didn't you promise pics or something? :Poke:

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

:clap::crackup:

19. sowega

sowega #710

The homeowner/host is dragging his feet. I built the ramp and will supply the alcohol, but he hasn't bought the plastic, pool, or de-rocked the slide area.

There was, however, some talk about a big group of my people coming to watch at Road A, so they may just set it up there :crackup:

20. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Ya know...i've been thinking of coming out of retirement and running the ESS stuff. This video may have talked me out of it. I drank some water while watching, got up and pissed, and it was still on the same lap :D

J/k..looks like a boatload of fun. Anyone wanna trade a 00 R6 fully prepped with lots of spares for a ninjette? :cool: