1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson 4/30-5/1 roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Racer45, Apr 19, 2011.

1. RENCRN8

RENCRN8 Fornicate Sailor Jerry

Boy sounds like I missed the fun at Nelson's!

I may have to through a bike together now just to come out and see the silly season....

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

get rid of that mountain bike crap and come race

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What I find more interesting to think about is the crash that everyone is worried about - the crash that happened on lap four long after both fields had spread out.

The expert rider messed up. Period. No change would have prevented him from passing a slower rider on lap four and making a mistake.

4. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

I myself was against starting behind the novice's after they way it went last season. Vir was a wash (any idea on whats up with the double points for those of us who showed up and vir) but the summit round wasent bad. In a three or four bike grid these days in hwt it made it kind of fun.
    Im speaking for my self here but i would leave it the way it is. Sean said he researched it and it made since to run it that way. Like i said i didnt like it at first but now i really dont care. Bottom line if its a problem run another class.
    My guess is if WERA thought it was unsafe they would change it.

5. RENCRN8

Not getting rid of shit, but I am going to piece a cheap race bike together. Look for me to make a cameo some time this year. :beer:

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW we will definitely be paying more attention to the length of the wave break length to let things spread out more and we always look to see which group as a whole is faster any given weekend, the HWT's definitely do not always start behind the Novices. Usually though, even with a couple few fast Experts the majority of the HWT riders/bikes tend to be slower than the majority of the 600 Novices.

7. cycleczy

cycleczy Well-Known Member

Off the subject here . I was looking to pm you and cant see how . So just wanted to say I am pleased with the running off wera every weekend is a blast come rain or shine when we race . We drove 12 hours to nelson knowing it wasnt the best track but knowing we were going to have a great time .... even after my 100.00 dollar fine because forgot to switch transponder from one bike to the other in one of my back to back races and my little talk for my wheelies down the front straight every lap on my r1 which buy the way was a blast in the rain , But i toned it down SORRY . LOL . Cant wait for Summit .

8. jrockcolors

jrockcolors Well-Known Member

Sell ya a 848

9. RENCRN8

John I would love to buy your 848, but I am pretty sure that would blow my whole idea of cheap. I am sure it is everything I like though! :beer: