1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Keeping cool on 95*F trackday

Discussion in 'General' started by s2kenny, May 1, 2011.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I am wondering where you came up with a 95F average for late may there. It is just as likely to be 105+ or higher. 95 is splendid. 107 takes it out of you.

2. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Chuckwalla is an awesome track. Smooth surface, big double apex turns, "The bowl"
    Just went toTrackdaz site and sold out for B & C Group.
    Have fun.

3. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

pick this up (and the pants)

if you're used to 75*...100* on track in black leathers will be hot. watch your caffiene and :beer: a couple days beforehand and hydrate.

[​IMG]

4. s2kenny

s2kenny Newbie

I actually have those underarmor heat gear pants. It makes wearing leathers much more comfortable vs cotton t-shirt. I opted for the cheaper walmart brand top though, seems to do the job pretty good.

And as for the 95*F average, I got it here: http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USCA0294

5. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

well since this past week has been a good week so i can take some leave now. i got my 7-level and put on SSgt. I will see if i cant take that friday off before the race to work on my suspension. why not just race that weekend? :up:

6. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Congrats on the promotion, guess you re-upped?

No racing, I have other commitments... See you there.

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  7. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Way to go Jordan!

Don't forget...it's bikini weather! :D

8. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

G, Roger's selling me a stack of Pirellis for my May-June races (i.e. Miller). Can I use your tire machine on the Friday TD?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Did they repave it already?

10. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

Thanks! no i didnt re-up yet!

and heck yes its bikini weather. ive been tanning just for Short!

11. H8R

Yup!

12. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

on a hot day...don't drink cold water straight out of the cooler
    1) you won't be able to drink it
    2) It will mess you up. going from hot to cold fast like that...sore throat and even fever.

3) I have two bandana's, one when I come back to the pits, i wet it and put it on the back of my neck. and it cools you down instantly. the other one, i'll tire around my neck before I go out on the track....works for me.

I keep my suit on between sessions, but remove my boots /socks right away. put the socks in front of the fan.
    and a dry pair goes on before each session :)

hope this helps.

13. H8R

At CVR make sure you switch from beer to liquor on Saturday nights. If you keep your Jack and caffeine diet coke fresh with ice you'll get a bunch of water from all the ice that is melting.

Seems to work for Pirelli tire vendors. :D

14. Beattie_yo

Beattie_yo SuspectsUnlimited.com

Tie a cold wet bandana around your neck. As yoy ride the water evaporates and you stay cool

15. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

an evap cooling vest from cyclegear has helped me quite well.

16. vini

vini Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Get one of the things in the corner of the pic. Standard shop cooler could be the best thing i've ever taken to the track. Fill that bitch up with ice and stand in front of it cools everything from stem to stearn.

17. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

how much power does that bad larry draw?

18. H8R

Why wouldn't you just buy a Prevost bus and let the A/C cool you off between races? :D

19. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Yep. :up:

20. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Swamp coolers are nice, but NOT cheap at all.