1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nelson 4/30-5/1 roll call

Discussion in 'General' started by Racer45, Apr 19, 2011.

1. olgoodf3

olgoodf3 'Merica

Bike is almost done, picking up a trailer tonight, then we just have to get the "Solja-boy" ready.... nothing like waiting until the last minute

2. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

3. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan to me, between you, Chris and myself we have all three solos covered :up:

Friendly wager to the BBS then, anyone up for it? All challengers welcome, loser grills dinner for the winner Saturday night.

4. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

Im sure there will be someone who is fast from that area that will get in on this...I hope the track isnt too hard to learn.

5. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

I'll take a 12oz fillet med, bacon wrapped please

6. It's not hard to learn where the track goes, but learning to go fast takes some time.
    I think the track map lists nine or ten turns, but in reality, there are only seven.

7. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Real easy to learn.

8. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

I may be there supporting Chicken Hawk Racing's David Podolsky in HWT.

9. Jeeepers23

Jeeepers23 Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in Ride Share from the New Jersey Area?

I have truck and enclosed trailer that can fit 3 more bikes and gear. I also plan on camping.

Just split gas/tolls. Let me know.

10. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I tried to have everything put back together on Saturday ...and promptly snapped off the caliper bolt by over tightening it. :down: the torque wrench was reading 15 ft-lbs, and the service manual says 22!

Anyway, new bolts are at the stealership on Thursday, so I've got time to drill them and get the caliper back on the bike before loading it up. I might even get to test ride the damn thing in the daylight!

11. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

someone told me, "when it doubt, set up to turn Right. Then you just have to know where T4 is, and be on the right side of the back straight when you start braking."

it sounded retarded to me, but that's actually pretty much it...

12. Dave_SV

Oooh a white plate steps up to the bet. Tempting but I'm not sure if I could bring myself to ruin a fillet by cooking it medium, medium-rare is where it's at :D

13. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Bold. :Poke:

lol.

14. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

:stupid: Easy track to get the basics down, but hard to figure out how to go fast because of the bumbs etc. Still a really fun track to ride!

15. Dave_SV

Well Sam Gaige stepped up but I was hoping to get some of the novice racers to chime in, mostly because I don't want to cook dinner for the entire expert field :D

Mike is on the SV and I will be running my Kawi 636 and neither of us has been to this track before and it's only our third weekend racing (four if you count VIR this year). Chris is rocking the SV and the R1 and has a few laps at Nelson.

I figured people would be all about a bet but so far the competition is about as exciting as a fart in the wind :Poke:
    I want to start some trash talk, get a grudge match going and settle it on the race track. So far the southeast boys are killing us with their smack talk thread :D

16. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Lol.
    It will be my first time at Nelson and first time riding this year period. will also be my 4th racing weekend...

I would have stepped in for trash talk, but I dont even cook for myself, let alone you A-holes... Hahaha!

17. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I'll start the trash talk.........Sammy is going to whoop my ass!! :D

18. Dave_SV

No worries if you can't cook you can always buy me beer instead :beer:

19. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Dammit!

Ok, I'll beer bet you.

Wait........... What are we betting on?

20. jsmalnar

jsmalnar III_I

I'll put a six pack on it. :up: I'll be riding a GSXR600. Prepare to be destroyed!! :Poke:

(Judging by your finishes at Summit compared to mine.. I'm pretty sure I'll be giving you that six pack but what hell, should be fun.)