Soon to obtain a 1985 Suzuki GS450L, looking for a few things.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by twlzt3d, Apr 20, 2011.

1. twlzt3d

twlzt3d Member

Would like to ask for information on this particular model/year Suzuki, is it very customizable, much to do w/ these particular bikes? And if possible I would love any & all tips/tricks to do to these guys if you would like to Private Message me here or just reply here as well. Any and all info is very much appreciated.

Wet behind the ears so go easy on me fellas,lol. My first bike since I was 19, im now 36! lol getting back in the saddle and maybe a HD Sportster next year so long as I feel im ready.

2. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I had a 77 GS750, check it out

thegsresources.com

Great info on the site and especially the forum. I dont know much about the 450 but I know the popular thing on the 750/1000 was to swap in early model GSXR front ends

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Great little bikes. Lots of parts are interchangeable on the GS models of those years. I have an 81" GS450 in my garage right now.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Birds of a feather, I have a 81 450ES.

[​IMG]

5. kanatuna

hahaha Awesome!

6. bus

bus Monkey with a football

Aren't the later models, specifically the L models a little more of a cruiser?

7. twlzt3d

twlzt3d Member

This is my lil dude here I just purchased for $800.00 and its only got 2,015 original miles. lil bit of rust pitting on the chrome but other than that it seems overall good condition. What yall think? So I can take this guy here and turn it into that one above me, lol!?

[​IMG]

8. kanatuna

I would ride it.....I wouldn't race it. lol Super clean though. They dont have enough power to hurt themselves either so you'll be good.

9. twlzt3d

twlzt3d Member

Thx, way to make a guy wanna ride it even more, tell em its a sissy bike!!! lol My first ride, gimme a break,lol.

10. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Dude, I piddle around on this. It's not what you ride, it's that you ride. Have a blast!

[​IMG]

11. kanatuna

I didnt mean it that way....just saying they hold up well.

12. twlzt3d

twlzt3d Member

I know im just pickin friend. its all good! Like he says above, its that im riding & that i will be very soon soon as this crappy ohio weather makes up its mind!

13. Smokin158

Smokin158 Suzuki T500 Racer

My first ever bike was a GS450L. Had a blast on it out in Wyoming. Then traded up for a GS750. After I moved to Florida I had several more GS450s. Great bikes. They go forever.

14. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

GS425 before and after.sweet little motor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. twlzt3d

twlzt3d Member

that an awesome customization, was it hard, any REAL fab done or was it just minor removal of things?? That is nice, what year was that one there?

16. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

my old L in ahrma superbike spec
    [​IMG]

and in Wera Yamanaut spec
    [​IMG]

17. twlzt3d

twlzt3d Member

now these little 450's arent meant for over the road trips are they? I seen a similar topic discussing 550's but this is a 450, whats your opinions?

18. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

Don't know why not. I rode one in two 24hr races at Nelson Ledges and finished both.

19. twlzt3d

twlzt3d Member

oh wow rich, your rite down the road from me friend. I live up in Ravenna! Nice to know I have such a close hobbyist near me. Hello neighbor. :D

20. turboguzzi

turboguzzi Active Member