1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Paul Reiser Show

Discussion in 'General' started by atomic410, Apr 22, 2011.

1. atomic410

atomic410 Well-Known Member

This is the worse show in the history of TV. NBC please make it stop. I can't believe I watched as much of it as I did. serously this is the worse show ever. Thursday nights on NBC just keeps geeting worse.

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

i flipped the channel to this last week, spent 3 minutes and though, yep, i still hate paul reiser. that show with him and helen hunt made sucked also.

3. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I was able to hold out for 5 mins of the first show, only because I was watching what was on prior. It was a horrid 5 mins of nothing but whinging. I was so done with that show after those 5 mins.

On the flip side "Happy Endings" is probably the best show I have seen on TV since 30Rock, Community (which is weaker this season) and Archer.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Really? It's just another generic version of "Friends" like there are about a dozen on TV right now. There is nothing remotely original about it. It's watchable, but I wouldn't call it "best" anything so far.

5. illsv5

illsv5 Well-Known Member

I feel like most of the new shows are the same idea done in a slightly different setting. I don't think Happy Endings or the Paul Reiser show are all that bad, but they hold similar entertainment value to me as Mr. Sunshine or Community, etc. It seems rare to hear a "new" joke these days.

6. atomic410

I have to disagree; 30rock sucks. tina fey is so unfunny it hurts. and tracy morgan, serously. wow great bit you are a dude that yells. never seen that before, oh wait I live in the middle of the city I see it every block as i ride my bike to work and home every day. And the office now sucks too. And I think Paul Rieser said to himself "how can I make this show worse". then he casted Henry Rollins. Hey you're a tough guy who is sensitive and critical of the government. neet never seen that angle before. Next thursday I'm going to watch my dog sheed instead of TV.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Actually, Community is one of the few shows that tries some rather original stuff. Not every week, but definitely once in a while.

8. atomic410

I'm not home intime to watch community so I can't really comment on it. I do kind of like parks and rec. but if it wasn't on tv I wouldn't kill myself. I think the sad girl and mayor guy are funny.

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

People actually watch that stuff. So sad. My condolences.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Ron Swanson is my favorite character on Parks and Recreation. I just crack up every time he starts talking about meat. :D

I thought the show was a lame copy of The Office during its first season, but it has found its own originality.

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Pyramid of Greatness.

12. shogun

shogun Well-Known Member

13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Dayam!!!!! The ax comes quickly:up:

14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Did any of you expect it to last? I didn't

15. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

unfunny comedian makes unfunny show.

Whats next, the Dane Cook hour?

16. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Just started watching reruns of Curb Your Enthusiasm for the first time, now that show is funny. Larry David is too much.

17. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

Curb Your Enthusiasm is awesome!
    I'm still digging Community, it has lost a little bit this season but hopefully that'll pass.
    The Office is still a classic, haven't got bored with it yet. 30 Rock is okay, I usually zone out a few times during an episode and wind up doing other things. IMO Tracy Morgan being completely insane is the most hilarious parts of the show, I caught a few seconds of an interview with Tina Fey the other night (one of the late night shows, wasn't really paying attention) and she was talking about how she gets a lot of his lines from her around-4 year old daughter, which seemed to make a LOT of sense.

While I didn't like the premise of it, Modern Family is actually pretty entertaining.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: I have seen every episode ever made and I don't intend to stop until it's over. It was actually because I heard Larry David was in the first episode of the Paul Reiser Show that I watched it. :D

Modern Family is absolutely hilarious. Definitely one of my favorites.

19. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Modern Family is probably one of the best written shows on TV. I also still like The Office but I'll probably stop watching after Steve Carrell leaves.

20. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

my current favorite: The Ricky Gervais Show

Friggin hilarious.