1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scooter Help

Discussion in 'General' started by chastain11, Apr 19, 2011.

1. chastain11

chastain11 Well-Known Member

Working on a scooter for a buddy. It's a made in China brand. Trying to get the magneto off to get to the stator. Anybody know how? It looks like it needs a puller to pull, we tried that but it felt like it was going to snap. We can't see anything still holding it on. Could it be threaded? Reverse threaded? If you have a clue please let me know.
    I'll try to post a pic too when I get on real computer.
    TIA.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

3. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

wow... someone is actually trying to get a chinese scooter running...

4. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

5. chastain11

6. chastain11

Pic

This is it:

Magneto.jpg

The Silver/Gold part is the Magneto and we need to get it off.

7. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

I've got nothing useful to add to this thread but I wanted to say I HATE chinese bikes. I'm working on a Lifan 250 cruiser for a friend and the thing is GARBAGE.

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Is the inner part of the black recess threaded?

9. Tortuga

Tortuga Well-Known Member

I worked at a scooter shop and I absolutely hate to say this, but honestly, you're better off just getting another scooter (a non-made in China one).

My experience has been that the Chinese scooters are simply not made to be fixed. Sad, but true and there is a reason a new one is roughly the price of a decent cup of coffee.

10. chastain11

Yes it is.

11. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

KTM-type flywheel puller. Thing threads into the flywheel and has a bolt in the middle that pushes on the threaded crank end that you use an impact wrench on.

12. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

the scooter store

went to the mail box the other day and there was a catalog for the scooter store. I wondered? how did they know I had a scooter ( yamaha jog) . oh well I took it to the house figuring I would check out some new tires or a trick exhaust system or maybe some rad decals. heck it was a catalog for motorized wheel chairs for all things ! you talk about being pissed. i sure don't need them to remind me of an upcoming birthday . sorry I can't help with the magneto . barnacle bill and darethea

859 336 7375

13. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

"Your scooter will be paid in full!" :up:

14. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

[​IMG]

15. chastain11

Nice, thanks folks. I can probably source one of those today! Nice, gotta help get this POS scooter off of the life and get a real bike on there.

Thanks again folks, I appreciate it. :up:
    :beer:

16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

My guess is that it's a Honda clone, so try a Honda puller first. Different manufacturers used different threads, and the Chinese clones are either Honda or Kawasaki copies. I can't see the head to determine if it's n XR or KLX head, but the Honda types are the most common.