1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collin Edwards Boot Camp

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Has anyone gone? It just sounds like an amazing good time and a perfect mancation. IF anyone is going soon, I am unbelievably jealous. I will need a full report please.:up:

2. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

No actual road racing...no care.

3. bkeros

bkeros Well-Known Member

It looks fun as hell...and I'm sure the skills taught would positively affect one's roadracing!

I wanna go!

4. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Yeah, what does Colin Edwards and his guest coaches (like Ben Spies) know about roadracing anyway.

:rolleyes:

5. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

I have not, but two of my team mates did. They said it was AWESOME. It was a lot of riding with crazy mancation fun on the side. Both said it was worth way more than Colin is charging. Not only with the things you can do (drive by target shooting with assault rifles, sniper rifles, go karting, boating and like 6 hours of riding a day), but also in the consumables (gas, food and bullets), Colin is going all-out.

6. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Sounds like all it needs is hookers and blow at the end of the day for it to be paradise.

7. meanseeds

meanseeds Well-Known Member

How much does it cost?

8. JD¹³

JD¹³ Turbo Slow

I need to win the lottery, I'd kill to go to that camp :(

9. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

10. Luta

Luta Member

I know a female rider that just got back. Word is that is was a blast and Spies was there helping out. If I had the money I'd go.

11. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

Looks like a lot of fun

12. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Something like this is what I will be getting myself when I finish Business School next April!!!

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$2300 to hang out with a loon like Edwards for 4 days is worth it on it's won. Throw in guns, motorcycles, karts and whatever the hell else comes along with it is pure bonus. Shit, when I win Powerball I think I'm moving there full time. :D

14. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

This is definately not a little pet project of his. He really takes a lot of pride in it and stays late into the night racing go karts, swapping stories and really enjoying himself with the folks that come down. Definately something I am socking away money for to bring the family down

15. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Jake won a 4 day camp from NextMotoChampion...just figuring out when he can go. Tdub

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Alex Dunstan is there right now. I'm sure he'll have a full report on the activities there if he survives it. :D

17. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

18. leviathan

leviathan Well-Known Member

I just got back. Great time. Along with all the fun Mancation stuff I was really stoked on the riding. I felt I came away a better rider than I was going in.

I'd recommend to anyone. Very impressed.

Proof is in the pudding though right? My background riding going in: Riding since age 10, Expert-level roadracer, Expert-level Supermoto racer, C-level motocross racer (podium finishes). So I 'know how to ride a bike okay'. That said....

Friday Superpole: 1:40.2
    Saturday Superpole: 1:38.3
    Sunday Superpole: 1:37.000
    Colin's time: 1:32.9'ish

I can't wait to ride my Supermoto, MX bike, and roadrace bike again! Like I said, learned a lot about how a bike works, reacts, and responds. The lessons learned are applicable across any discipline of motorcycle riding IMO.

As Brandon said this is something Colin is very passionate about. He's hands-on and has put ton of time in to make this a top-notch experience. He cares about everyone walking away with a unforgettable weekend. His honesty and approach is a pleasure to watch.

19. blahanson

blahanson Active Member

Booked for the May 26th - 29th event, can't wait!

20. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

I will assume you were there with donna, one of our friends that just got back as well.

She had nothing but good reports on the entire experience. Except being bruised and sore all over from the riding :beer: