1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Since the beeb is all knowing - Bomb shelters?

Discussion in 'General' started by forceten, Apr 19, 2011.

1. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

It was a mistake to read the road, watch book of eli and then read alas Babylon (that another wera racer recommended - good book by the way).

I have always thought about stockpiling some goods just in case, but never did it. I stockpile at my house for like 6 months of supplies, but more so I don't have to go shopping for a while.

Now I start thinking well maybe an underground shelter would be a good idea. Not sure to start out small or go bigger. And a shelter to hold out after what? - The country or economy collapsing for a while and things right itself after a few months, or full out disaster where there just aren't any more supermarkets or life as we know it - nuclear, asteroid blah blah blah. But then do you want to keep going on and surviving if things get that bad.

Food, water (or a way to purify water) guns and ammo......

What else does a good shelter consist of? Who has a bomb shelter or the like?

2. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

No good shelter can go without aluminum foil. Lots and lots of aluminum foil, for hats and such.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Spank mags. When the economy collapses, spank mags will become the only currency worth a damn.

4. Demented

Nonsense. Lotion and gym socks will be valuable currency as well.

5. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

Hookers and blow.....and tupperware

6. 10MM

10MM Action Reaction

7. forceten

Yeah thats way over the top........ I am only looking to go small and a just in case thing....

No hookers - as I would have to feed their asses..... Unless I let em in, do my business and then toss them back outside :D

For food, I wonder what might be better - MRE meals or freeze dried and canned stuff. Just how long can ya live on MRE stuff?

8. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

At least with MRE's you won't have to worry about human waste disposal as often. Eat the peanut butter and cheese and you won't sh!t for a week...

9. caferace

caferace No.

I believe in Zombies.

-jim

10. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

I have one, an original early 60s shelter. It makes a good storm cellar or for tornadoes but it takes me an hour to throw all the shit down there out in the yard if I need it for an emergency.
    It really comes down to what you want to prepare for. Some of the 50s-60s plans are ok but no good for nukes. Decide how long you need to stay there and plan enough room. Plan a separate room for the shitter, you don't want to live with it in the same room. Mine was at the end of the entry hall way.
    If I were planning for an end of days scenario I'd just take over something already built before the door shut. Easier than building your own.

Mark

11. Demented

Who doesn't?

When the Zombies come, bomb shelters wont save anyone. Went to a Gander Mountain for the first time today, now that is a safe place to stay for when the Zombies come. I swear, they had enough guns and ammunition to take down a decent sized army. The Zombies stand no chance.

12. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

Another one for your reading list: One Second After by William Forstchen.

Buy guns and ammo and know how to use them.

13. socal

socal Well-Known Member

How the zombies are hoping you think...

14. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

:stupid:

15. forceten

I might haver to look into that book after my next one is done

Guns and ammo are already taken care of (supplies got boosted after our newest president got elected too), plus I reload......... Enough for zombies - or other wera racers who didn't plan ahead and just think they can come into my shelter and take mine over :tut:

I will make sure I shoot you while wearing a tin foil hat - just so you can laugh before ya hit the ground :D

Is yours just two rooms mark? Is it attached to the house or farther away in a separate location? I wasn't sure if i should have it open into the basement - or have a hatch or whatever to climb down into away from the house.

16. caferace

caferace No.

This (much like a traditional bomb shelter) is heading for the dungeon. :D

-jim

17. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

wow, the "all knowing beeb" never fails to come through! keeeeepppp it coming!!!!

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I think if things get that bad you're just prolonging the inevitable. And if an asteroid causes that much damage, I hope the thing hits me in the head on the way down! :D

19. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

He who hath the biggest gun wins

20. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

This question should have been asked in the Dungeon...the nutters in there know everything. :D