1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA classifieds...

Discussion in 'General' started by Silo Pete, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Come on Papa, quite ruining the illusion that I'm getting rich by being here. :D I'm sure as hell not getting smarter reading the drivel posted here. :crackup:

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Actually, an SV if I can find one nicely set up. I may take another stab at the 600 if I find a nice enough deal.

3. ryguy

ryguy Well-Known Member

let me preface by saying i like the new classifieds.

How did the new classified's get rid of these kinds of people? if $0.99 is killing their margin, then they obviously weren't doing that well.

4. Bart#72

Bart#72 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this has been said yet. But has anyone else been getting spam emails from people in the UK from using the wera classifieds wanted section?

This is what I have been getting.
    Good day,
    ~~Looking to part out some parts ,i have the exact part you
    need,tell me more about the part,to be sure we are on the same lane.
    looking forward to your email,
    have a nice day
    128 Queen's Gate Westminster, London SW7 5, UK

I have gotten about ten of these so far.

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Any user name attached to that? I've seen quite a few yahoo.com.uk registrations here lately.

6. Bart#72

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dumb question, did you post your email in your ad?

8. Bart#72

I sure did. :) because I still have a hard time replying to people using that site.
    I don't get spam from other forums nor did I get them using the old wera classifieds.

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bart, don't do it anymore.

10. Bart#72

Roger that!

11. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

The new classifieds work better no doubt about it.

Listed my trackbike April 9th, it sold today!

Thank you WERA money well spent :up:

12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

For you? Are you pissed at Suzuki and going to take it out on the bike? :crackup:

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Hopefully this answer isn't buried in the past 11 pages, as I couldn't figure it out. Maybe I'm doin it wrong.

I like how the Beeb tags the threads I haven't seen since my last visit in a bold color. Does the new classifieds have this feature available, as I like to skim all the new ads since my last visit?

Also I've noticed when I look at an ad and hit the back button it just takes me to the top of the list. Is there a setting so it takes me back where I was, like the Beeb does?

Thanks,
    rob

14. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

I'm in the same boat of not wanting to go through 11 pages to see if my question has been answered. I want to put a motorcycle up for sale, but I don't have any current pictures. So, I was wondering if I post an ad up tonight, could I add new pictures and delete the old ones later.

Also, is it possible to add an FAQ page to the WERA classified page, hopefully one with sections for all users, buyers and sellers.

I'm not complaining, just trying to add something that might be useful for someone like me who is not as regular on the beeb as many other users are.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yes you can edit the ad at anytime during the run period.

16. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

Thanks for the response. I posted up my SV last night.

17. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

Ditto......Free was better! :down:

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

I meant free beer and pie! :beer::D

20. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

Having just sold my motorcycle through the WERA classifieds, I can say, I really liked the free classifieds because it was like the "Dupont Registry" for people who like racebikes instead of supercars. That said, I can't argue that the WERA classifieds, as a seller, has a big advantage. If you're willing to pay $10 to sell your bike, you've just bought your way into your target demographic for way less than a 1% commission. And that 1% commission seems to eliminate about half of your competitors.

I listed my bike on four forums and the WERA classifieds. I had one response from a forum asking if they could buy the spare tail. I had one response from the WERA classifieds asking about another spare piece, one response I didnt see until I sold the bike, and two people who seemed quite serious about buying the whole package. One of them just bought it today. He made an offer that was exactly what I wanted to get out of it (not my asking price, but what I wanted). And the bike sold a mere eights days after I placed the ad.

Meanwhile, the last few bikes I have sold have been through eBay and craigslist. Dealing with people on those two webpages is difficult at best. People from the WERA classifieds were all great, even if my bike wasn't the bike they were looking for. $10 to find a good buyer online, is a real value. Much better than selling my then-two year 636 on eBay and getting offers that were for $4,000.

I hope that a good resolution can be found for the folks who are not pleased with the system. I understand that the classifieds were put in place to ensure that WERA members don't have the bear the burden of increased costs to run the organization.

Last edited: May 1, 2011