1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Every time I start her up clock resets.... any clue...???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by C.R.Gixxer, Apr 12, 2011.

1. C.R.Gixxer

C.R.Gixxer Well-Known Member

Every time I start her up clock resets.... any clue...??? (09' CBR600RR)
    A little history, We had to replace the wiring harness on her.... pretty much striped her of everything not needed, she's a track bike. Battery is good. Maybe we missed something....
    Runs Strong......
    As long as its no big deal I'm fine with it just wanted some feed back on it?
    Any clues....???
    Thanks Chuck....

2. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Bad battery. May test good on it's own, but watch the voltage drop when you try to start the bike.

3. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

:stupid:
    Same thing happened to me..

4. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Make sure the battery terminals are tight, and the main ground cable.

5. bigfella

bigfella Well-Known Member

Sounds like your battery is stuffed or maybe you have removed too much wiring or one to many fuses.

6. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Well-Known Member

any bad connector in the circuit can cause a large volt drop during heavy amp loads. I would run an ground wire from the component to the battery, if that doesn't solve the problem try a 12v power wire from battery to component. A volt meter can be used to run volt drop tests and it will show you exacty where the volt drop occurs( it can isolate a bad strand of wire or a bad connection point), run the test on the ground and power sides

7. MidnightRun

MidnightRun Well-Known Member

one single strand of wire can be all thats hanging on at a crimp connection and you will show 12v on that wire, put it under load and the volt reading will drop.

8. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Did you strip out the harness? if so, are you running all your power through thr kill switch (no key)? The clock is on a constant 12V source normally, if you've removed that constant source and run it through a switch it will re-set every time.

9. C.R.Gixxer

C.R.Gixxer Well-Known Member

Thats it... Jason
    Thanks