1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To be 1million% sure - Solo20

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLEN, Apr 14, 2011.

1. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Do the strippers at the gentlemen's clubs near Nelson and Summit accept points? That might change the outcome of Saturday Night at the Races a bit...:rolleyes:

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

from what I've heard I think the one at Neslon might :D

3. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

I hope this works out for WERA. Only time will tell if it is a smart move or not.

I know in my circle of friends its a hot topic right now and I see participation declining for solos so it wont really save WERA the full amount ,but it should save them some. what will help keep the turnout up is that it is only an additional $25 preentry or $10 post entry vs practice only on SAt. No real incentive for me to run solo's anymore since there is also no contingency. I might occasionally for extra practice but not every wknd and sometimes 2 a weekend like before. And I didnt always win money either but the possibility was there.

CCS eliminated their payouts for their GT races which is their version of the solos a few years ago, but they have contingency and points like another sprint race and they cut the fee to be added into the sprint structure . Kevin reported that the rider count in those races actually increased with those changes, not sure if it was true or not.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  4. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

Its gonna be very hard to justify tires,fuel,motor and entry fees for Saturdays now. With nothing to gain as far as payouts and contingency I can't see it worth riding Saturday. I want Wera to to survive as much as anyone and money is not only tight for them but most of us. I wish I had a answer for this but maybe see if the tire manufactures will pay the solos.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, okay, as much as people keep trying to say there isn't contingency because they choose to run other products the fact is there is contingency in the Solo's. Same as there was before.

As for those of you who won money, sorry we won't see you out there but it's something we need to try.

6. The_Dude

The_Dude Well-Known Member

Just out of curiousity whats the average grid sizes so far this year for the popular races (novice 600, expert ss)?

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Depends on where you are so there is no real good answer to that.

8. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

thanks Sammy....I moved up a spot :D

9. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

But I whited my name out on the watch list and everything :confused:

10. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

I'm not personally out there on the track but I like the idea of points awarded. Like mentioned in an earlier post, it may keep more people coming to run the solo's even if they don't have a chance at money. For example: Draik ran the Novice LWT at Tally, Round one this year. He came in 2nd (imagine that, to Tuna...) but there were only 2 bikes in his class. Since there were only two bike and even though he got second, no money anyway. But if he had gotten XX points for the second place, it could eventually turn out to mean something. Now later in the year, if he were to be "fighting for the Solo Cup" we would be more apt to be sure to make it to a Saturday raceday to keep in the points rather than not win X$'s.

but hey, that's just my take on it, I'm new here and can't corner low anyway...

We'll be at all but one of the races this year regardless, Lord willing.

11. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

It's a bitch to clean Wite-out off your computer screen!

We found your almost-completed tunnel.

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

SONOFA!!! :wow: :mad:

Now just how the hell am I supposed to Shawshank my way outta here?!?!

13. UR35

UR35 David

I say add 10.00 to every race sole fee then at the Gnf do an open class dash for cash race grid line up would be decided by how many solo races he or she did for the year winner takes all.

14. joec

joec brace yourself

i dont know, but a solo paper cup would be an awesome trophy for winning the solo cup. cheap easy, and fun. maybe even some sort of sponsorship. haha.

"The Solo Cup, Solo Cup Race"

there have to be points, or whats the point. hehe....im full of em....more beer please....

15. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

With all due respect, just because you are in a pissy mood.............. kiss my ass :up:

I have never RAN solos, so never gave a shit to look at that part of the schedule. This is the first time I have cared to look, because it is the first time I planned to run it.

It says "Solo 20 and vintage (10 laps)" that is pretty easily read as both being ten laps............ it was confusing

Sue me

Fuck you. It was a pretty simple mistake to make, when I have done FOUR weekends with WERA, Two were 3 years ago, and never done a solo.

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

This. Turns out threads are linear in nature, and I respond to posts that concern me. sometimes there are MORE later, that I have not gotten to

OOPS.

:rolleyes:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I do the same thing on responding, ignore that. Still going to make fun of you for the Solo's tho :p

18. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Turns out it didnt matter how long it was anyway :p

When your throttle housing locating pin sheers off, and turns your throttle cables in the way of your brakes going in to T1 at Nashvillle, it has a way of ending the race prematurely.

Luckily I did not crash.