1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dan

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

O.k., I never got to see one of these rider meetings because it was the Penguin School. The last year we were there Dan was pissed because somebody's father jumped the fence. He said that he would have thrown the guy off the property, but he didn't do the meeting in the morning, so he just reemed the guy.

2. nochknstrps

nochknstrps Well-Known Member

My first encounter with Dan was last month, first track day ever, brand new gear and my new to me bike with a fresh paint job.

He didn't do my novice riders meeting but he was intoduced by the control riders as "Mr. Personality" and that if you get the Meatball flag from him he just wanted to have a "talk". I knew what that meant so all day I was afraid of doing something to piss this guy off.

My last session he walks over and looks me up and down before letting me go out and I start thinking, oh shit what did I do? He makes a gesture as if he is wiping some dirt off my clean white boots and says "Look at this immaculate Mother Fucker"

I thought to myself he isn't so scary whats the big deal, then a Red flag came out and I heard the tongue lashing he gave the riders that didn't get off the track quick enough over the PA and I understood clearly.

3. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

:crackup:.... that sure sounds like Dan-O!! :up:

4. That is Dan in a nutshell. He is a funny, smartass who never misses an opportunity to talk shit (thankfully :crackup:). But make no mistake about it, he takes his job (and our safety) VERY seriously.

5. Boogeyman

Boogeyman Somewhere close...

+1 :crackup:

6. Paint Shaker

Paint Shaker Tractor Motor Racer

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

7. CBob1k

CBob1k Well-Known Member

:crackup:

8. rcrgirl84

rcrgirl84 Danger Kitty!!

Forgot the lap timers too ;)

Love ya Dan!! You're the reason Fugi & I love coming down to Jennings ;) Hope to make a trip down soon. And hopefully on a mock race weekend . . . cause like you know, I wear my big girl panties and race with the boys . . . unlike some other chicks that go down there requesting a girls-only class.

9. yetidave

yetidave Well-Known Member

Dan rules. :)

10. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

At a trackday over the PA: "We're combining all the time left and making 3 20min sessions instead of 2 more 15 min sessions each. I hope you like this bc if you don't, we don't care."

Riders meeting: "If you run off in 13 and you had rather ride across the infield and get back on track in 3 instead of dealing w/ me, that's fine w/ me. Cause I'm gonna give you shit."
    The checkered flag one is something like: "If you get the checker flag in 7, don't chop the throttle, put it to the stop and crash in 8 that way we have to give you a ride back in."
    Getting on track: "When you pit out, commit to the track, don't pussyfoot around, bc there's a guy coming down the straight and he's bowling for slow guys, and you're the slow guy."

I've only been there once and he made the meeting fun. You also tend to remember things better when there's some flavor added to it. I noticed many of the novice guys remeber things much better.
    See you guys at the may race.

11. motofla

motofla New Member

If I point to you on the front stretch in a gaggle of bikes then point to the meatball, don't check up, finish your lap then come see me, I desire your company, and I know you desire mine :up:

Be scared of the guys with their lights taped up, and the ones with pretty paint jobs, they haven't been doing this long enough to have wrecked a few times and replace them with race plastics :up:

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

12. JBOOGIE

JBOOGIE Active Member

I could read this chite all day long and still LMAO!

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Johnny.....yes it's me! We spoke in length a couple years in a row of Louden and a common friend.....Johnny Bettencourt. Good to know you're OK, Bro!

14. motorbykemike

motorbykemike beer snob

i can't quote the really good ones here but when he comes over the pa w/ "asshole" after somebody bins it , i kinda chuckle more than a bit . private days of course as we all know dan is a very reserved politicaly correct type of guy .

dan rocks but his golf cart sucks balls

see ya next feb dan

mike simms

15. bumpskiis

bumpskiis Well-Known Member

checkered flag means your session is over, and so is this meeting.

If you go off in 13, don't worry, your Go Pro caught it all and your lap is going to be screwed up anyway, so don't be in a rush to get back on track.

16. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

my favorite

"You can't be in the novice group unless you have ohlins suspension and a go pro camera"

Also

When getting onto the track make sure you turn the throttle and commit. Don't keep looking at the people coming down the straight away... You know what those people are doing?? They are bowling for slow people!!!!

17. Dammit bumper, that's the one I was gonna say. LOL

18. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

That always keeps me out of novice. I don't have either.

19. bumpskiis

bumpskiis Well-Known Member

Are we doing races this afternoon? We are? Ok, so if we don't have a tragic morning, we'll definitely have a tragic afternoon!

20. adawar

adawar .

MIA

I drove from Toronto to Jennings for a weekend of riding and Dan wasn't here! We even brought him some Labatt 50 beers!