1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summit Point Formula 1 turn 2 highside

Discussion in 'General' started by tjg412, Apr 4, 2011.

1. tjg412

tjg412 Well-Known Member

I highsided yesterday on lap one of the Formula 1 race in turn 2. Luckily I walked away from it but my bike is trashed. I was in the back of the expert group and just wondered if any of the novices had a camera going and caught some footage of it. PM me if anyone has anything. Thanks!

2. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Hey man - you looked good during the senior race :up: Glad you didn't get hurt in the highside.

3. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Man I was the guy that lost the rear end and almost high sided to the moon right before you did but somehow I kept it up and rode it out to the wall.

I saw the tail end of your crash and I'm glad you came out alright. My friend was in T3 and saw the whole thing, apparently your bike did a couple cart wheels in the air before it came back to earth.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  4. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I think it's in the YouTube thread! Looked nasty, good to hear you are alright.

NVM I was thinking of another video.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  5. tjg412

tjg412 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that was a fun race. Just wish there had been one more lap. So you went to the dark side this season? ;)

6. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

no video, but saw both accidents as it unfolded. Glad you two are alright.

7. tjg412

tjg412 Well-Known Member

Thanks. It was kinda scary. As I was tumbling I saw earth, sky, bike, earth, sky, bike. So I knew the bike was flying around and I was hoping the bike and I didn't try to take up the same space at the same time. That woulda left a mark.

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

For a little bit - don't have the new literbike set up yet. But I gotta say, wringing that SV was a blast :)

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Were you the first or second guy who fell coming out of T2 in that race? I was the old slow guy on the loud white BMW in that race.

10. tjg412

tjg412 Well-Known Member

I was the second guy going up the track towards turn 3. We also raced each other in Senior race, great race! I was #412.

11. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

What? I can't hear you! Some guy at Summit Point was riding a white BMW that was really, really loud.:D

12. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

^^^^^^^^^

lol I love his bike....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. primo

primo Well-Known Member

^ Sweet bike Tom :up:

14. KillerCam

KillerCam KillerCam Racing

Nasty crash no video but saw the whole thing glad you are ok

15. RubberChicken

I'm glad you weren't hurt. I was worried that you stood with your bike in the impact zone for the rest of the race (If that WAS you I'm thinking of). Next time, go get behind the barriers, for your own safety.

16. RubberChicken

Huh? Somebody talkin' to me?

Earplugs, dude. They're not just for sex.

17. cycleczy

cycleczy Well-Known Member

LOL

yep seen em both up close as i was a little tight down inside of dave as the backend steped out this next was was bike and dude spinning down threw the grass . Maybe next brooklyn

18. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

It's on at VIR. great seeing you out there Chris :beer:

19. cycleczy

cycleczy Well-Known Member

yea its was a great weekend and glad you didnt make it all the way to the ground . LOL