1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jennings GP Track Record

Discussion in 'General' started by spcassell, Apr 4, 2011.

1. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

i don't understand why everyone gets so riled up by this stuff. it's very clearly stating that it's the fastest anyone has gone at a CCS event - why is that such a big deal?

technically speaking, the wera records aren't records either considering ben was out there putting in "unofficial" :13s this february. it seems kinda hypocritical, that's all.

2. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

I unofficially did a 1:07 at barber once. My laptimer said so :D. That is like 15 seconds faster than lap record :D

3. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Run that by Henry, you'll get 30 mins. of reasons why those times don't count. :D

4. Last month I ran a 0:17 at VIR. :D

5. Whether it would be mean or not is up for debate. But i KNOW it would be funny, so do it.............or you don't have a hair on your ass. :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA has never in my memory put out a press release about a WERA lap record. If someone is doing 13's on a timing system that can be verified accurate then they have the lap record for the track - practice/test day/whatever. Track records are just that - a record for the track. I've never even understood the whole class record stuff since not all orgs have the same rules for 600's and the like.

7. Have to agree. Somebody either went faster than anybody else ever has on that track...or they didn't.

8. On second thought, i am going to issue a press release today. I have the lap record at Jennings for somebody on a 3cyl bike that has a Newfoundland named Caesar.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - I agree with Henry on most testing records only because people will flat out lie about their times and others don't know how to operate a stop watch. Tracks will even lie to try and get publicity. Hard to accept something as a track record that can't be verified in any way. Yet another reason I love the transponders.

10. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I disagree with Henry just for the sake of getting him riled up. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is totally understandable :crackup:

12. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

+1

All I know is those guys were getting after it on Sunday. And thanks to everyone in the Am GTU race for not crushing me at the start. I was the dumb A$$ who stalled on the start. Never had that before. Guess I was all jeeped up to get out there. I finally got it going and had to sack up just to catch the pack after being almost a lap down. Good times. Thanks again my brothers and sisters for looking out for the clueless....

13. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Wasn't the :15 during CCS on a 600? Shouldn't that be important?

14. d-wire

d-wire Well-Known Member

yep... I don't know why people have a hard time with this. CCS probably has easy access to their timing and scoring....maybe not so much with any other orgs timing and scoring. Why is it surprising that they mention the fastest lap time they have for a specific track???

I know it isn't the track record....so does everyone else. Regardless, 15's on a middleweight machine is fast.

15. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

Your bike has a newfoundland named Caesar?!

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

It even goes a little bit faster when Chaotic is riding it!:p Tdub

17. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

whas this on 1000??? because Stefano and me did 1:15.6 on 600

18. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Does John know about this.....

19. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

shhhhhhhhhhhh lmao