1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Officer James Stewart

Discussion in 'General' started by hdrk2006, Mar 29, 2011.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not exactly the same......but there is a little bit of precedent here with AMA riders having a run in with the po-po.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/1999/08/emig2/

Arrested on 8/22......fired by Kawi on 8/26

So we'll see what happens

2. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

this would be more embarassing than anything. yamaha should be embarassed as well. the ama will probably do something based on there rider conduct rules i would think.

3. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

It's my understanding that James owns his team or something like that.

4. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

thought it was san manuels....

5. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I don't know...

Does Bubba really have 'France money/clout' in FL? The dude is definitely rich but he's also black. :eek:

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

There's a big differance between being arrested for being a dumbass as compared to being arrested on drug charges.

If AMA is supposed to bar him for being a dumbass they will run out of racers pretty quick. Because at one point or another EVERYONE is guilty of being a dumbass.

7. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I don't agree with this... What other racer has been arrested for impersonating a police officer? I mean addiction problems/drug abuse are a different monster... I am not saying one thing is worse than another but at his age something like this isn't a prank... It's a crime.

Ride safe,
    AAron

8. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Honestly, I don't care if they were driving backwards down the interstate. The fact that Stewart had the emergency lights in his truck to begin with makes me wonder what else he was doing with them, and who else was victimized.

9. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

+1
    "How often is it that a theif gets caught the first time stealing?"
    Ask yourself this "How many people have emergency lights in their car if they are not in public safety?" I mean what's the logical reason to even have them?

ride safe,
    AAron

10. fzr400tony

fzr400tony can't ride

I agree.

Also, they had to know that what they were doing was wrong, otherwise they would not attempted to hide the lights in his passenger's bags.

11. :Pop:

that is all

had the early am call from the son and what got him in mucho trouble was the rider...yellin sceaming chit in jail about abuse..racial (she was a chick) like this ex-sheriff. Stand by for the fun....
    He wanted to go back and help her n the jail..I told him to get the f+ck outa Dodge and shut his pie hole. He got out without much trouble.she stayed in jail a few days. I wonder what happened with his rider...any news?

12. 418

418 Expert #59

English?

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not when people who do the same thing often times have the intention of raping/robbing/murdering their intended victims.

I'm not saying that those were Stewart's intentions, but then again you also don't walk into a bank with a loaded gun and wearing a ski mask with the intention of playing a prank.

Smoking some weed isn't causing any harm to anyone else, driving down the freeway with police lights on pulling people over pretending to be a cop could certainly have the potential to cause harm to innocent motorists.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Gender is not Race, good job telling your kid to zip it and get away. His friend ain't to smart

15. Just sayin its all about JS and fallout. Prolly not a good example or similar situation-my bad.
    His rider in the truck was an ex sheriff fired from the job and nothing is said about her and behavior. Did she get the same $1000 bail? What comes from her being part of the deal and knowing they are out of line doing what they did. Spotlight is only on JS, but she was an accomplice and should know better. Another side of the story I'm curious about. Did the "thin blue line" rally to save her or is she being hammered and he gets possibly away with something ? Not saying that they should or should not help their own, but there's NOTHING in the news about that angle...JS is such a ripe target...just a thought

16. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

With so many conflicting predictions for the outcome of this, is there any way we could gamble on it.... for hookers and blow obviously :beer:

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm gonna go ahead and say yes to that one......

[​IMG]

18. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Trying to pull over two dudes in a car on the highway makes no sense to me. What the hell for? Using lights to blast down the highway and have people get out of your way? Stupid and illegal, but at least it makes some sense.

Seems like the charges are worse if you try to pull someone over while impersonating an officer than if you use it to speed down the highway so that's what the undercover cops called it in as.

19. phillip doyle

phillip doyle Well-Known Member

20. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

Holy shit!!!! They took his bad ass truck.

At first I was like,,,,,why was he driving a Toyota.

Then I saw the Toyota.

Bubba's a redneck.