09 GSXR 750 wont start?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by scoob4fun, Mar 29, 2011.

1. scoob4fun

scoob4fun Well-Known Member

Race prepped bike stored for winter.

Stabalizer in the tank, battery pulled and put on tender. Coverd and tucked away for 3 months. Ran perfect prior to storage.

Pulled the bike out a few weeks ago and took it to the shop to refresh suspension and replace chain/sprockets. Neither should effect my problem but here we are?? All connections appear to be good. Bike turns over fast and normal. Fuel pump is working. I didnt check the spark plugs but they were fine when I stored the bike and it only has one season on the bike.

No codes, KIT ECU. Any ideas? I am sure its something simple and real stupid but I cant find it....

2. jonesjj510

jonesjj510 Member

Did you check all the fuses?

3. scoob4fun

Good call. Checked the main ones right under the seat and all appear to be good.

4. JAB

JAB Well-Known Member

Tip over sensor in upside down somehow?

5. jonesjj510

jonesjj510 Member

Does it do anything when you try to start it?

6. scoob4fun

starter just turns and turns. You can hear the fuel pump kicking in and smell the fuel. It normally fires up after a second of hitting the starter.

7. Cliff#11

Cliff#11 Well-Known Member

Did you take it to the dealership for the recall on the rectifier? module power and the rectifier? I know it effects the battery charge but still an FYI.. ))

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=283399

How much fuel did you store it with? I'd take the tank off and empty all the fuel out..

or... If you got a power commander on it.. and didn't reconnect the ground to the batt..

8. scoob4fun

I didnt know anything about the recall. Ill have to follow up on that. Tank is 100% full of fuel with stabalizer. Why empty the fuel? Are you thinking its bad somehow?

9. bidwell

bidwell Well-Known Member

If you have the stock ecu, try switching them.

10. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong but how about basics like kill switch,kick stand switch...

11. gixxercurt

gixxercurt Curtis Murray

He said he can hear the pump prime.

12. scoob4fun

KIT ECU so the kill switch is what turns the ignition on and powers the bike. It is on. No kickstand sensor issue.

13. jonesjj510

jonesjj510 Member

Not sure if you checked it when you checked the fuses but was the 30 amp fuse in the back of the bike was good also?

14. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Check the injectors. They may have become clogged. If so, pull and clean them. Also pull the plugs. That will tell you if raw fuel is getting into the chamber or not. Fuel filter inside the tank (fuel pump) may also be plugged. Just because the pump is priming does not mean it's pushing fuel.

15. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

Hey Scoobs...you mean the one in my shop that starts and runs??? I just went back there man...LOL!!! I wondered why it was here, my guys hadn't got to it yet...all it took was a crack of the throttle and it fired up and runs/idles fine...the injectors might have been a bit sticky from sitting..its all good kris..you can relax ill bill you the min charge of a 12pk of IPA for the crew ;)

See you tomorrow...

16. scoob4fun

I dont get it! I tried that.....I guess I dont have the magic touch. Thanks Eric! IPA on the way :)

17. Thistle

Thistle Well-Known Member

Well I'm glad that ended well :D

Same thing happened to my '06 600 before my first ever race weekend - turned out it was the Tip-Over sensor.

Good luck :up:

18. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

yeah sometimes even with flushing pump gas thru them, sitting for a few months the injectors get a bit sticky. plus i have seen bikes that run pure race gas (mostly those that dont flush them) even stick rings over the winter a bit and that makes hard to start at first..until you run it and get some load on it.

Glad your not paying for my Haydens college fund just yet Kris! :)