Donington Park, UK | WSBK 2011 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by caferace, Mar 24, 2011.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I fucking hate Speed. Can't even tell what I'm looking at. Wish I would have seen the links posted sooner and I'd have watched it online.

2. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

The online HD coverage was great.

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Biaggi's weekend. :crackup:

Karma is a bitch.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My picture is good. Maybe you shouldn't have bought a TV from the trunk of a car? :D

5. fzgixxerman

fzgixxerman AKA Mark Byrd

WoW the wheel broke!!

6. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

:mad: But he said it was high quality!

Actually it seems to depend on the camera shot. Some of them were shit, some were ok.

7. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Trophy girl on the left side of the podium...
    that is all

8. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

Race 1 was terrific with melandri doing the run down.

WSS was great; good for Rea on the 3rd. Chaz will win once this year at least. Wish the Triumph's weren't such slouches.

Race two was all Checa's, as is this season.

9. xn85turbo

xn85turbo Well-Known Member

The guy losing his rear wheel was crazy. Glad it wasn't at full speed. Nice race though lots of passing and changing position.

10. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Duranni test wheel.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It failed. I guess we are looking at further delays.

12. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

Checa looked good. Max must have been wound up a little too tight there on the grid.

13. svtinker

svtinker Well-Known Member

It's nice to hear a euros point of view. France and Italy have lots in common when it comes to racing, race coverage, and surrender.:D I don't see that type of thing happening over here.

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And all of `em were merely rebroadcast by SPEEDTV. They aren't too great at makin' silk purses out of sow's ears...

15. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

the Eurosports feed looked fine...I think either Speed or your provider is compressing the signal.

16. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

I was in a bar in New Orleans watching this on speed on an HD tv. That definitely wasn't HD, the furthest from it actually. Man, didn't know about the Biaggi slap until I just read this thread. What a cock! Guess that's part of why he wouldn't do his ride thru. He knew he jumped it, if he wasn't going to ride thru, why did he even stay out there as long as he did? Jackass.

17. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

I've seen the Eurosport coverage before as well and it's much higher quality than the Speed stuff. I think it has something to do with their conversion or signal.

18. CP10R

CP10R Im here to party!!

Too bad for Sykes in race 1, he looked sporty.

19. Chip

Chip Registered

Checa - looks really strong....even in the first race with problems he still looked strong. Getting podium points in a shit race is what championships are all about.

Biaggi - I have never seen a rider so completely self destruct over the course of the entire weekend. Problems on and off the track....Almost like something else is going on mentally. Gigi looked like he wanted to punch him in the head when he came in during race two.

Melandri - Rode incredibly well. Very smart ride all the way, I think Camier held him up a little in the closing stages and that kept him from running down Checa. Looks the Yamaha could win with Spies in 2009 and Crutchlow in 2010 and now Melandri in 2011. I guesss JT had a different Yamaha. Hmmm

Haga looks like he is riding really ragged.

Kawasaki - Does not look terrible....that is all. I think Tom Sykes is a nice guy, but I think they need a Ben Spies type dude to push that bike to be a consistent winner.

Haslm will win on the BMW....just a matter of making the bike his and undoing the last few years of development...

Chaz - Anything less than a win is a disappointment.

The broken wheel on the Ducati is crazy. I have never seen a wheel brake like that except on a 500hp drag bike with lots of grip...and it had a clapped out cush drive.. ..crazy..

20. caferace

caferace No.

That was definitely odd. I just had a long chat with James Whitham and the suspect (as mentioned on the British Eurosport broadcast) is metal fatigue.

And yes, Biaggi f*ckin lost it this weekend. We talked about that too. :crackup:

-jim

Attached Files: