1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brake line question for cbr600rr radial upgrade

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 08RR, Mar 26, 2011.

1. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

Hi Folks, im installing a Brembo RCS on my team mates 05cbr600 that has a conventional set up..i dont have the rcs yet but i realized that the lines he has probably wont work anymore as they dont have the correct banjo fitment at the master cylinder..

now can i simply order lines for say the 07 that comes stock with a radial set up and they will work length wise and fit the calliper the same or what are people doing?

i would prefer to run the goodridge 1 into 2 so there is not as much room taken up by 2 banjos and the longer bolt at the cylinder.

any help much appreciated

2. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

IIRC the master comes with the correct banjo. I used the very same SS lines when I got my RCS, no mods required.

3. Beattie_yo

Beattie_yo SuspectsUnlimited.com

brembo banjo bolt uses finer thread. just get the correct bolt whether its a single line or double line setup. no need to replace the lines

4. Brian Driver

Brian Driver Well-Known Member

If you are worried about length just buy the indv banjo fittings and some aeroquip line and make them yourself. If your worried about the banjo bolt the Brembo will be a finer thread pitch than the stocker.

5. 08RR

08RR Well-Known Member

ah, thanks for reminding me about the different thread pitch.