1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW crated KR1-S

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Mook, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

E-bay item # 140525084163 New in da Box !!

2. daddio

daddio Well-Known Member

:wow:

3. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

$3000 to open the crate and take a look? Non-refundable too :)

4. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Crate looks like it might have had some water damage or extended exposure to moisture. Any bike sitting that long, new or used, without running is going to have issues with every seal on it. Would be a nice project to get running and enjoy or for a museum, but the red flag goes up, why not open it and post pictures of the actual bike the seller is auctioning?

5. GSVR 946

GSVR 946 Banned

no title?

no thanks!

6. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

a tricky one this-
    it'll never be the same once out of the crate BUT who's gonna give big bucks sight unseen?
    i thing i have to sell my beloved 1993 VFR400/NC30.titled.4500obo

7. RVT2002

RVT2002 Well-Known Member

You'll need a new crank seal and who knows what it looks like when you open it.:p

8. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Id like to see pictures of the box without the shrink wrap. I think the seller put that on there to conceal all the damage.

9. ate51

ate51 Well-Known Member

Its perceived value is the novelty of the bike in the crate, never seeing daylight or the touch of a human aside from the fact that odds are pretty good nobody else in the world has another. That mystique is gone as soon as the crate is cracked. If you crack it then you have a zero mile "new" KR which odds are fairly good no one has either, regardless of the condition of the innards. Crack the cases and replace stuff then it's just a mint, kinda rare, semi-desirable museum piece. Riding it equals same as above just worth a little less.

Maybe they'd only charge you a grand to drill a hole in the case and stick a bore scope in there to look around.

10. sfo423

sfo423 Well-Known Member

11. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

somehow i really doubt whoever buys it WONT open the crate at the very least.
    otherwise it might be a stack of concrete blocks in there if they don't have a look at what thousands of dollars bought.it's a cardboard box with a steel crate inside. not like one couldn't cut a small view flap and peek in.should be pretty obvious if it's a NEW bike or not.
    i think i'd do just that before driving off with it.people can act goofy about shit sometimes... 200 dollar pick up fee my ass.
    how does the dipship think he's getting paid?
    it's already past 11 grand.

12. Blackgt76

Blackgt76 Well-Known Member

Never undrstood this type of BS, why keep it in crate. If you are no gonna ride it, at least look at it. Hopefully it wont meet reserve so he can keep looking at an ugly metal crate.

13. Freestyle72

Freestyle72 Well-Known Member

What the hell... 11,000... One of these was for sale locally and the guy couldn't get $2500 for it.

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

He probably wants to be sent the money through paypal as a "gift" to avoid the 3.5% fee from paypal, too.

15. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

passed the $12k mark.

16. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

... and didn't meet reserve.