Best online helmet deal

Discussion in 'General' started by grahamsn, Mar 24, 2011.

1. grahamsn

grahamsn Well-Known Member

Can anyone suggest a really good online helmet deal that's available right now (closeouts included)? I saw the SportBikeTrackGear.com offer for the EXO-700 and Bell Vortex. Are there any other good deals that you guys have found?

Thanks very much!

2. Wibbly

Wibbly Well-Known Member

there are tons of places blowing out shoei x-11s right now, granted in limited schemes.

3. Bluebyu55

Bluebyu55 Well-Known Member

arai vector anyof them price is out there but man when you crash you walk away from it not like others put you to sleep for a while

4. Repeater

Repeater USCGRR

Those EXO 700 deals are not as great as they look. The born on date may be a few years old. If you crash allot no issue, but you could end up with a three year old or older helmet.

I bought one two years ago at discount with a born on date of 6 2005. turned out not to be a discount in the end. This helmet will pass any track day but not WERA.

Next helmet for me is the EXO 750 bought at dealer. I want to know the born on date.

5. Brian Van

Brian Van Track Gear Retailer

The Bell Vortex Helmets we are doing now for $99 are all Snell 2010 and have 2010 production dates.
    The Scorpion EXO-700 Helmets in the Scorpion Graphic for $99 also have current dates.

Never hesitate to call or email in to have a staffer go pull the lid and check the date for you.

Van

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

What?

7. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I crashed an Arai Vector and two EXO400's last season. Walked away from all of them, didn't sleep until I was home.

8. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Brian, I have a EXO700 that I was very happy with which has passed the usable date. Would you recommend the 700 again or the 750 for racing? And the 750 does meet the WERA requirments, correct?
    Steve

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know, searching for a helmet purely on price is like searching for a hooker purely on the number of pool balls she can fit in her mouth.

10. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

I have no idea what that means, but I think I agree with the message.

It's your head. Put a good helmet on it. If the difference between a $100 lid and a more expensive one makes the difference in your race season, racing probably isn't for you.

11. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Of course, if your helmet is just going to sit in a closet and look pretty, you may not care what it cost. But if it is actually going to be worn on the track and may have to be replaced, you'll want to consider finding the best price for your quality helmet.
    Steve

12. ScottyJFZ1

ScottyJFZ1 UVBNFZD

13. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Forget the cheapest deal you can find and all that shit. Find the helmet that fits YOU the best that also won't leaving you a drooling idiot after a bonk to the noodle. Then worry about price.

Don't be left thinking weeks after you've scrambled your brain that maybe you should have spent another $50.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

16. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

I bought an exo 400 from stg this year for $60. date is done at the end of this year as far as racing. But $60 for a helmet for the year, gets a thumbs up from me. Although, the helmet did still have the return receipt from the previous owner still in the box.
    Like he said earlier, just call stg and they'll check the dates for you. The exo 400 is just as good as the 700, and they're both damn good helmets, I've tested them personally and have owned 4.

17. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

18. Hit up TJ with RidersDiscount. He will hook you up.

I will say that skimping on a helmet (or any safety gear) isn't the place to save money. Im not saying you need a $900 Shoei or Arai, but shop wisely. Also make sure you look at the dates. It would suck to get a "new" helmet and not be able to pass Tech with it.

19. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

Riders Discount had some good deals latley,Give Tj a call.

20. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Took a 20 minute nap wearing a Arai vector.....It all depends on the type of impact....no helmet is going to be perfect, especially with me at the controls.:D