2011 Fantasy Formula One

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Mar 22, 2011.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

ESPN F1 llaunched a new free Formula One fantasy racing league game. I know we have a few fans here, so how about we get 10 or more people in and make this season more fun?

The goal is to grow the value of your team by hiring and trading drivers, crews, engines and chassis throughout the season.

I created a "WERA" mini-league but the process was not very straightforward, so you may or may not be asked for a password. I am not sure this point. But if there is a password, it should be "highside".

Bring it, bitches! :D

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Looks like we're all tied up after rd. 1.

I'll watch the races, but I refuse to put forth the energy to any Eccelstone contrived BS.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What do you mean we're tied up after round one? :confused: It starts this weekend.

Either way, there is no money in it, I'm not sure how us playing benefits him. :confused:

4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I was poking fun at the canceled round.

Money has nothing to do with it. I was merely speaking to the fact that F1's rulings and decisions seem to be based on team budgets.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

oh, I totally forgot that this weekend is technically round 2.

Anyway, it should be good fun if the few of us who watch all the races joining to play.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have a fantasy. That Schumi wins a race this year.

I visit that site every morning. I'll check it out.

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm lazy, you can go ahead and sign me up. Lewis is winning another title this year.

8. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm in.

9. Goodwood

Goodwood Well-Known Member

In. Come on Schumacher :)

10. CP10R

CP10R Im here to party!!

In, lets go Lewis:up:

11. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

12. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

I think the car is going to be a turd this year. From what I've read, McLaren is bringing an upgrade to the race this weekend in hopes they claw back a second. :eek:

I'm in.

13. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Those things look like damn spaceships with the bodies off. Thanks for sharing!:up:

14. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

No problem. That guy's blog is by far the best F1 type blog I've seen. Apparently he's been doing that sort of stuff since the '70s. :up:

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

We got 8 teams so far. The season kicks off this weekend. Hurry, if you're going to play.

16. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Having some issues trying to sign up here at work. I will give it a shot when i get home tonight.

17. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

How do I change my team "captain"? I am trying to make Lewis my captain/team talent, but it keeps going to Heikki? Does it default to the lowest cost driver?

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think your team captain has to cost less than 5 mil.

19. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Ok, sounds good. I am ok with Heikki as I think he may surprise this year again. I was still bummed that he was ousted from McLaren the same year he won his first race. I have been hearing good things about the Lotus this year. The green and yellow Lotus, not the Black and Yellow Lotus. Although the Black and Gold Lotus should do good this year after the great year they had last year. The Green and Yellow Lotus did not have as great of a year last year, but this year the Green and Yellow Lotus should give the Black and Gold Lotus a run for their money.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

All I heard was ....

Lotus......................Lotus..............................Lotus..........................Lotus.