1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News from Iraq

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by funnyhat, Jul 17, 2003.

1. funnyhat

funnyhat tire budget challenged

I was asked, by someone who just came from the field in Iraq, to pass on some information to as many people as I could. This is the best way I could come up with to do so!

He asked me to tell everyone that an easy 85% of the everyday people in Iraq desperately want our forces to be there. He actually described traveling around a little like being a rock star. At one point in time he asked a little boy hanging out around his unit what he wanted to be when he grew up.

"An American soldier!" was the response.

This is all first hand info folks.

Hoo-ah!

Tom

2. ZebProctor1

ZebProctor1 Well-Known Member

This is awesome, I work with 50% military, so I have heard this before, I would just like to applaud the soldier for saying this and Tom for passing it on.... if you depend on the liberal press for your news, you would think every iraqi is trying to kill us....

3. tcasby

tcasby Banned

I get most of my news from NPR and I am well aware that the majority of the Iraqi population are more or less friendly. The plane that doesn't crash isn't news even on "The Factor" :Puke:

4. Richard Lesher

Richard Lesher Well-Known Member

Usually a populace is very supportive of those in power holding the guns. We are now the ones with the guns, and thus by default are the supported authority in power.

I will always remember what one of my international business professors said about that area of the world. The entire political structure could change with a few well placed bullets.

5. Kevin Crauswell

Kevin Crauswell Well-Known Member

I believe it ! It just goes to show how fucked up
    the politics in the news agentcies really are.
    I know that there are one hell-of a lot Iraq's , that
    want to be free and to remain free, the problem is
    how do you get rid of the bastards that have been in
    power forever !

6. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

One ambush, firefight, and building search at a time until you've killed the last one.

:mad:

7. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Re: Re: News from Iraq

Not so fast Zeb!! (I bet they never say that at the track, do they?:D )

I listen to NPR, watch CBS, NBC, and radical right wing sources like Fox. I have always assumed that much of the country (but 85% might be high) would welcome Saddams' overthrow. And I never thought that the resistance against the US troops that still lingers had broad based support. My fear is that it get broad based support unless Bush make a more concerted effort to reconstuct the country and put an effective government in place.

And Helllllloooooo!!!! kevin!!! Smell the coffee!! In order to get rid of those bastards we have to find them first. Can' find Osama, Saddam or WMDs. Perhaps we rely on too much electronic intel rather warm bodies?

Rodger

8. dave333

dave333 traveler

Correct. We are holding guns, not wielding them as the Iraqi regime was. They are not instruments of terror but of peace. You seem to be trying to say something further here, what is it? I for one am extremely grateful we have men and women willing to put themselves in mortal danger to help preserve our safety and freedom here.

9. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Nice one George Orwell, I haven't seen funny shiznit like that for at least a day or two.

Holding, not wielding, Ha ha ha ha, damn, that's just too rich.:clap:

10. tz_eric

tz_eric Well-Known Member

Is this a flame for peace, or for terror?

Are you holding your keyboard, or wielding it?

You get another clappy dude for being so damn funny.:clap:

11. dave333

dave333 traveler

Whatever slick. I guess you got it all figured out... :rolleyes:

12. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

I guess that kind of depends on whether or not those guns are pointed at you.

13. Razor Shines

Razor Shines eliminate the bush cartel

It was pretty interesting to find out that the toppling of the saddam statue that was so publicized on TV was staged. The US trucked in supportive Iraqis and blocked off the square with tanks and troops. Wide angle photos of the event show this. They made it seem like the whole town was there celebrating. It was really about only 100 people.

I wonder how it feels to have to put your life on the line for the bush cartel. Our fellow citizens are dying everyday over there for nothing.

I guess it's like you're a rockstar if you're John Lennon...

14. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

amazing how people will believe what they want to believe?

Either you are trolling for attention or you are a sad, deluded little man...

15. Razor Shines

you assume too much

16. bob33

bob33 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. Razor Shines

[​IMG]

we.....will......find these godless iraqis guilty of these weapons.....if we find them we will destroy them with our, uh
    we will destroy terror in our heartland uh did i mention i got a DUI once?

18. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Looks like it's time to move this thread to the P&R forum. :D

19. bob33

bob33 Well-Known Member

Your right. We should be peace loving americans and let them blow us up in our own citys. Just turn the other cheek!:rolleyes:

20. Razor Shines

This kid loves rock stars:

[​IMG]