1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's Dunlops apology

Discussion in 'General' started by TBSgraphics, Mar 15, 2011.

1. you're

you're Banned

it was a dunlop also! all the crazy exposed seams on tires...and crazy tire stories all seem to be dunlops. just like the broken frames are always gsxr...and just like the burning bikes are always r6.

all mfg problems. dunlop needs to fix their problem.

2. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

You're right, Dunlop should just turn up the "better" knob on their tire machine.

3. you're

you're Banned

oddly it is that simple. adjust the safety factor on the design f.e.m.a.

4. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

too bad there's no competition to make them adjust the better knob... "almost good enough" is just fine if no one can beat you.

5. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

That's pretty funny right there!!!! :D

If they would have just put a 5 in for the occurrence instead of a 3 this would never have happened.

6. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I come here to get away from this crap. Stop talking about DFMEA on the WERA board! :mad: :D

7. TBSgraphics

TBSgraphics Well-Known Member

I understand ALL tire manufactures have had problems( look at indy moto gp few years ago) at one time or another, BUT thats always been when there was more than one in the game, trying to compete and get the last best grip/life from tires, BUT this is a spec class, the ONLY things they should be concerned with , it making a SAFE/ lasting tire, everyone is running same tire so there is not competitive advantage to making a super sticky tire that doesnt hold up. Dunlop failed to do what AMA has asked of them, and took the event of a 200 miles race and made it a normal AMA sprint race, any actions in the pits were wiped out, and even a blown motor was wiped clean....
    ON track, :up: to all who raced, made a great show/race out of what they had to deal with. AND :up::up: to Danny, getting back on a dead horse, I would have ran to the nearest corner, curled up in a fetal postion and rocked back and forth for a long time after that get off.....

8. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Pooch Screwin'

Looks like they are F'n shit up all over.
    Wasn't it the recent tire test there at DIS that they made the DTC tyres wrong and put the soft bit on the left instead of the right?
    The answer was to mount 'em up "backwards" to get the soft bit on the right.

Ya know someone's head had to end up in onea those Banbury muh-chines...

9. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

Being a Pirelli and Michelin vendor I hate to say this.

Some of you need to get off Dunlop's back.

At that level of racers, with a new surface, and those ground temps it's easy to see how things could go wrong. Dunlop manned up and got it taken care of to get to a finish.

Shit happens people. Get over it.

10. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Very,Very,Very well said:up:

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

It's a safety issue. Eslick was put on his head while traveling at a very high speed unexpectedly. I had one of my riders out there this past weekend racing the 200 who also happens to be a good friend I wouldn't want to see him go down because of a faulty tire either.

Sorry, but it's not "shit happens" when it comes to safety.

12. you're

you're Banned

:stupid:

13. phillip doyle

phillip doyle Well-Known Member

The ones I saw had date codes 0209 and 0210.

14. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

You're right. Any brand that has ever had a problem should be flogged. Maybe we can get more lawyers on it.

Shit goes wrong. Everyone works their ass off to give the best they can. Occasionally it goes wrong. No person or company is always perfect. They had it stopped and mandated via the AMA a change.

Do you actually think they don't care about safety? Get real.

15. Gron4

Gron4 I'm in your house

When's SpeedTV gonna apologize for everything they do?

16. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Weren't the same problems identified during the tire test a few months ago? A few riders mentioned they were having some chunking issues prior to the race weekend and it seemed those same riders had major problems during the race or so I did I misunderstand that?

And shit

17. metricdevilmoto

When did I recommend lawyers? Or a flogging?

And at no point did I insinuate that safety wasn't a priority to Dunlop. If you are going to paint in broad strokes, don't reply to me directly. People are posting anti-Dunlop sentiments with different agendas. However, I spoke to a few people over the weekend that shared my very real (and very valid) safety concerns. These people make their living in the AMA paddock. The "shit happens" approach to dealing with a product that failed and put a DSB championship contender on the ground at 160+ wasn't the general vibe I was getting from people at Daytona.

18. metricdevilmoto

Like sticking with D200 coverage through about two hours of red flag conditions? Considering the circumstances, they did the best they could. They were broadcasting it live. That's the risk. If everyone had to wait to watch it Sunday and the D200 was showed in its entirety, people would have bitched that it wasn't shown live.

19. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Well for one they didn't hang on air for the whole two hours; secondly this is our main event of the year for some fans and to treat it secondary to truck qualifying and not cut back in for our big show makes it even harder to get sponsors, could of sent it over to Speed2, I'd of driven to the bar. Also, I hope the rumor about a 15 lap sprint was due to Speed wanting an hour TV block is untrue or I'd be even more angry.

20. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

The issue though is it wasn't just a regular race ridden on a surface they have a lot of data about in conditions they've tested. What's to say ANY tire manufacturer would've done better? They could very possibly have done considerably worse. Or they could have produced a similar product and not stopped the race for the front tire change.

Accusing Dunlop of negligence simply isn't justified.