1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classifieds mistake

Discussion in 'General' started by LOI, Mar 13, 2011.

1. corsameltin

corsameltin Well-Known Member

this thread is a waste of time and space

2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

how dare you.

his points are valid.

:D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That is in the plans for sure.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOI never asked a clear and concise question.

That question has been answered repeatedly in multiple threads. But I'll answer it again - is it not designed to drive anyone anywhere. However, if classifieds only users leave and don't use the new site, so be it. They are not the main focus of our business. They are not customers, they will not be customers. The excuses about "well they might come to a WERA race someday" are just that, excuses. The reality is WERA puts on motorcycle races and has this board mainly for our actual customers. The people who give us money and keep us in business. Focusing on people who are not customers is just plain stupid for any business. Would we like everyone who has ever used the bbs to become a customer? Of course we would. However there is reality to consider.

Quite simply the new classifieds site is already a better layout than the board and will get even better over time. It is successful for WERA which makes it successful for our customers as a whole. I am sorry some individuals don't like it. If they have a suggestion or complaint I will listen as always. That includes people who don't do anything at all for WERA. However I won't just ignore the stupid shit bitching like LOI and many others are doing. If they want to be treated with respect all it takes is showing some. The golden rule isn't just for grade school.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So wait - is it a monthly fee of $50 or a yearly one?

I'm sorry you've had issues on uploading pictures but that has to be something on your end. I've done it multiple times and if it's too large it tells me so.

6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

the third installment for the lecture series...

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I have a few minor complaints about the new classifieds but they are waaaaaay different than what anyone else would see. lol!

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

$50 year membership for the old classifieds.

Right now there are 485 ads, including all categories. If you charged a $50 one time membership to use the classifieds, that would be some significant jack.

If half of those ads are from different users, that would be 240 ads X $50 (yearly membership) = $12,000, in less than 30 days.
    At that rate, you're talking over $100k year, no?

Am I missing something? In all seriousness. It seems a $50 memership would bring it way more money?
    Most people bitching aren't bitching about the $1 fee. I feel just fine contributing to WERA. Hell, I just got my receipt/certificate from RRW for my small contribution to the AFF, and thought that was cool as hell just to be recognized.

10. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

and not sure why I couldn't post pics. I've had no problems with this computer, with this software, posting pics all over the interwebs.

I know it's hard to believe, but I'm quite computer-stupid. :eek:

11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

A $50 fee for someone who post one or two adds a year vs someone who posts dozens and dozens?

You cant assume there are 240 different people posting a totalt of 485 ads. Your math is completely creative. $1 per ad, whether it is one ad or a hundered. Whats so damn complicated?

12. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I played around on there the other day and I think it looks great.

13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're missing that there are a LOT of people who post multiple ads. And seriously, the 240 aren't going to pay $50.

15. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Not possible, it's a far too complicated process to move thru quickly!!!!

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

:beer::D

19. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

20. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Thats because i gave them all to you, butT you wasted them on figuring out how to paint nails at your wifes salon.