1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2007 CBR1000RR Repsol $5500 OBO

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by CBRon1, Jan 31, 2011.

1. CBRon1

CBRon1 Member

I have a 2007 CBR1000RR Repsol Edition for sale, $5500 OBO. This bike has been tracked.

There is no battery in right now, but last time I she had about 2900 miles. I can put a new battery in and check the exact miles if needed.

I highsided in turn 7 at Blackhawk Farms in Illinois, July 2007. As a result I replaced the following parts:

Vortex clip-ons w/renthol grips.
    Rear Subframe w/new factory part.
    Yosh slip on.
    Woodcraft rear sets.
    GP shift kit.
    Front wheel was bent during high side (sent to framestraightsystem.com) and was fixed to better than factory tollerance.
    Gas tank (factory recall) full replacement

I had aftermarket fiber glass fairing on the bike when it went down, but the wind screen was the factory original and is scratched up (see pic).
    There are a few scratches on the Repsol fairings from storage, nothing major though.
    There is a big scratch on the upper right side of the frame from the highside. (see pic)
    The right swing arm spool is bent up 90 degrees but still attached. I was not able to find someone that could tig weld alluminum for a good price, so I never fixed it. (see pic)

I have tracked it since the high side and she ran perfectly. Currently I have a set of Michelin Power Race Medium compound tires on. I have not taken her out to the track for the last 2 seasons because I have a Son that is eating up my track money...

Except for the last 6 months, I ran her every few weeks and rode around the block to turn the engine and tires, but my buddy took the battery and has not replaced it so she has been idle this winter.

I always changed the oil after each track day with full synthetic Motul.

I am trying to be as upfront as possible, but if you think I am missing something, or would like to know more, please call John 630.687.3377 or reply to this post. I would prefer a local pick up, but we can work out delivery through a private service or some other method if necessary. The bike is in the western suburbs of Chicago.

I have the title in hand, and it is clean, not salvaged.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CBRon1

CBRon1 Member

I don't think the original pics posted, hopefully these will...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. CBRon1

CBRon1 Member

Bump...It has braided lines too!

4. CBRon1

CBRon1 Member

Am I asking too much? Any suggestions? The price is negotiable. Clean title in hand.

5. liltuffgirl

liltuffgirl Active Member

I think you'd be better off getting the stock front fender and the pieces it needs to be complete. It'll be hard with the frame scuff on there you'll have to find the right person. Unless it's one hell of a deal it'll take a while.

6. svracer177

svracer177 Well-Known Member

Realize these are collectible. But $5500 with all that damage. Way too much.... Just my opinion.

7. scott23

scott23 New Member

willing to trade at all? I live in northern suburbs. send me a pm and we can talk

8. mike904

mike904 Well-Known Member

he said it.. especially on this forum. Best bet is to make it as clean as possible and craigslist that sucker.

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I agree, and buy an ashtray. :D

10. CBRon1

CBRon1 Member

No trades sorry, she's gotta go... Any Offers? I'm willing to neg...

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Not likely

That IS a salvage frame you've got there. Any insurance company would call this bike totaled with gouges in the frame like that.

:(

12. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Yeah, its just not clean enough at that price.
    Spend a little coin in cleaning it up or at the very least take a damp cloth to the rims :)

13. CBRon1

CBRon1 Member

Thanks for all of the feed back! I really appreciate it. You guys are right, I've gotta put some work in on it. In the mean time, I'm willing to go to $4300 as is if anyone is interested, otherwise hopefully I'll get some time to do the work and repost in the spring.

14. jamstheman

jamstheman Resident from Maryland

Had the same bike last year. I love the 07 Repsol. Dont really like the new CBR1ks after 08. Too bad I had to sell it (getting married).

Good Luck with the sale.