1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daytona 200 - pass of the race award

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Mar 13, 2011.

1. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Sorry Mongo but Danes bike was tracking straight as an arrow. And the elbow that took Dane out was tucked when they came together, THEN Herrin pushed the elbow out and nailed the brake lever.

I in no way think in a million years Herrin would do that with Danes endo being the desired result. However, there was no reason for him banging away at Dane for 500 yards while Dane tracked straight as could be on his line around the banking.

Someone will rip the video and have it up here soon enough but the angle I was looking at was clear as could be.

Back on topic, Cory West in the Chicane on the last lap was un-freakin-believable. It was so bad assed I had to watch the replay to even comprehend what had happened.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dane said he had his knee and elbow out to keep them apart, why wouldn't Josh do the same?

Dane's bike being smooth and Josh moving around could be the rider and could be the airflow they were in. It does weird shit at that speed. There's a reason some people truly believed Dale Sr. could see the draft....

3. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

Hayes was asked if he could ever "sense" someone drafting him when on the banks on a post race interview and he said "when someone got BEHIND me it made my bike move around. You def. knew someone was there"

Come on guys.....has anyone bitching about the movement actually gone 170 on the banks there behind anyone on a 600?

I HAVE......and you move a lot. It's VASTLY different than going that fast on a flat straight. and fighting for position. You guys are amazing.

4. BURGIO

BURGIO Well-Known Member

I highly doubt anyone is out there with the intentions to take someone out. Glad everyone is ok though.

5. TTR174

TTR174 Rescue and restoration of 60's and 70's bikes

6. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

Darn it, I was hoping for a Josh Herrin is a POS thread(kidding!). Seriously, after watching it, I'm not sure if Josh was trying to push Dane down into the lapper so Dane will have to lift or whether he is trying to pick up a draft off the lapper(more likely). Dane did come up hard once Josh gave him some room, and after that I think both were moving around a bit, and just ended up touching in a way that didn't work out for Dane. FWIW, Dane, Corey, and Danny are my favorite guys in the class because they all grew up around one of the closest tracks to me.

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Looked to me like Dane held his spot as Herrin had a bit of run on him in the banking. Herrin never completed the pass (not even close to it) and started pushing down. It has been said before the this isn't ball room dancing, but at 170mph you shouldn't be leaning on people or trying to force them out of their line. That is just my 2 cents.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And you're not biased in the least by your feelings for Danny and everything that happened last year :D

9. caferace

caferace No.

Just because he's spent around $28.62 the last few days in 2ยข increments doesn't mean you need to point out the obvious. :D

-jim

10. Nicky v

Nicky v Well-Known Member

I'm sure Josh never tried to hit Dane's brake lever/take him out/take Taylor out/almost kill his fellow racers. I'm sure Josh feels like crap about it. It sucks, but that's racing. And for the record, I'm a lot bigger fan of Dane, Taylor, and Eslick than I am of Herrin. But it is what it is. I'm just glad that everyone made it out okay. It's going to be an awesome season! Oh, and the best pass was Cory West! :beer:

11. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

YES:beer:

12. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

My son is friends with Scott Decker (#291) who had a ring-side seat for that action. That had to be a total pucker-moment for poor Scott. :eek:

13. jursini673

jursini673 New Member

Best pass of the race in my opinion goes to Disalvo for sure. The way he came back after thinking his tire blew was pretty impresive with the ducati. Got to give it up to Cory West tho! Just a wera boy making some good laps. Also JD Beach did pretty good on a new machine!

14. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

Eslick on the outside into 1 was super sick a few times

15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

No mongo i am not. What happend last year was just that, last year. Believe it or not I am unbiased on this. Don't try and discredit what I had to say just because of my last name. Everything point I stated is on video.

16. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Agreed on West having the best pass and loved the entire 15 laps!

As soon as the restart, red flag, re-restart happened, the following laps all the way to the finish were spectacular. A huge group of talented riders completely jockeying for every position at every turn was awesome!

AMA hasn't had the best of times the last few years, but if this is the kind of racing we'll see all year, you can bet it's headed for a big comeback!

17. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Wow. His comments go against everything we can see on the video.
    Next time, he should watch the videos of him crashing people out first, before he opens his piehole.

19. chocadile

chocadile Well-Known Member

:stupid:

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, I am discounting it because you have a very obvious bias against Josh. Just as you have one for Danny. Both understandable and no way to set them aside to view anything to do with either rider objectively.