1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bridgestone or Dunlops for 250 GP bike?

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by chas, Mar 7, 2011.

1. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Which are people using?

I had been using the Dunlops, but seemed most switched to Bridgestones.

Are there any bridgestone dealers in the south east that stock slicks for the 250 bikes (Honda RS250)?

and what are people running for compounds at Jennings this time of year?

2. Bruce Lind

Bruce Lind Well-Known Member

Stickboy.com

Probably YCX front and rear.

Bruce Lind

3. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I run the 250 GP sized slicks on my older Kawasaki ZX6R, Medium compounds.

4. chas

chas Well-Known Member

thanks Bruce, Was given Derek's contact info by a friend. Will be ordering tires from him later this week.

5. Doug De Keyrel

Doug De Keyrel Well-Known Member

Jim Wiles has Dunlop 250GP tires in the truck now. He is at Daytona. Let me know if you want his # he could meet you on the way home.

6. jp233

jp233 hu huh, you said "member"

chas!

I've always run the Dunflops. Great 250GP tires.

So I guess you're making it to Jennings??? I don't have barely any time on that circuit with the 250, but it won't be super stupid hot this time of the year so softs should do fine. Maybe a medium rear, can't go wrong at Jennings there is lots of grip and no ripples from the cars because there are no cars @ JGP.

Bring rains!!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  7. vince224

vince224 Well-Known Member

both are good. before the new 125 b-stone front, the dunlops were better imo. w/ the new stone, the jury is out.

but, dunlops are a good bit more $$$, at least in my neck of the woods, and i think the majority of ppl on stones are there in part b/c of this.

hth,
    vince
    :D

8. chas

chas Well-Known Member

Picked up a set of stones from StickBoy. Very responsive and good price. Will see how they work out as have only used Dunlops in the past (but have heard really good things about the Bridgestones).

9. vince224

which front did you get: 120 or 125?

vince

10. Brooklyn67

Brooklyn67 Well-Known Member

Vince,
    What's the biggest difference in using either the 120 or 125 on the front for the 250? Is it turn in, grip....?

11. vince224

on my bike, w/ me riding it, i could not get the 120 tyre to work at all. terrible feel, wouldnt hold a line, run wide on corner exit. and i tried everything to get some feel w/ no good effect. changed geometry, springs, damping...you name it.

w/ the 125, all i did was drop it on and all those problems immediately went away...and i havent even dialed it in yet.

to me, the 125 feels much like the dunlop 125 i used to ride and liked alot.

of course, ymmv.

vince

12. MC Power House

MC Power House www.mphbikes.com