1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

05 600rr STM slipper install

Discussion in 'Tech' started by bldg636, Mar 4, 2011.

1. bldg636

bldg636 Well-Known Member

Hey anyone know if I need to use the stock Judder spring and judder spring seat when installing my STM slipper, or can I just discard these . . . doing the install tonight if possible . . so any help is much appreciated . . thanks!

2. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Nope, replace the judder assembly with a normal plate.

3. cobes

cobes Well-Known Member

Hey if you email me [email protected] I can forward you the instructions for install. Helped me out the first time I did it. Just remember to put some paper towel or something below the clutch so you don't drop the ball bearings in the oil pan. I used a a bit of grease as per the instructions

4. bldg636

So I'm replacing the judder assembly with a plate? or just excluding the judder assembly and keeping the rest of the plates the same? If I am replacing with a plate, i'm assuming i am +1 friction plate because the bottom one would have to follow the stack pattern (as the current bottom plate in the stack is a smooth plate)

5. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

You replace the Judderspring seat, judderspring & the friction plate that is seated on the outside of the judderspring/seat with a standard friction plate.
    scroll down to Post #4 here: http://www.cbr600rr.com/forum/index.php/topic,16580.0.html.

Like cobes wrote, make sure you cover the hole leading to the sump with something or you'll be finishing when you drop something in & a little grease on teh ballas goes a long way...

Cobes you still racing or just enjoying life on the west coast these days?

6. bldg636

Thanks . . .on this note, does nayone know a place that can get STM clutch parts quickly? I have a cracked secondary spring . . I'm going to put it together like that so I can make sure everything else looks good, but i'll obviously need to replace this . . any help would be great . . thanks!

7. cobes

cobes Well-Known Member

Maybe Rick Ruelle sp? at Lockhart Phillips. Hey Jason been a while. Trying to race still, been working a lot. Hopefully March at Willow Springs

8. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Rick Ruelle isn't at LP anymore, he's been replaced with Andrew Hoffman [email protected].
    You can also try Motostrano, Hard Racing, OPP, etc... but I belive both Parts Unlimited & TR have or can get STM parts, so pretty much any dealer...