1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New site debugging thread....

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Mongo, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Post any problems you are having. Not suggestions (yet) and no whining about how it's the end of the world. Just issues so we can get them fixed asap. Thanks!

2. firefightergarc

firefightergarc El Cuco!

I didn't want my address on the main page of my ad I thought it was going to be private. I can't take it off..

3. firefightergarc

firefightergarc El Cuco!

nevermind I got it...

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It is private. You can see it, others can't. I just looked and I can't.

Did you have it in the body of your ad?

5. firefightergarc

firefightergarc El Cuco!

site is down..

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I know. So is the main one which leads me to believe godaddy blowed up.

7. motoford

motoford Well-Known Member

name.com

Switched all my domains away from godaddy and have had zero issues. I can get in and make changes without having to fight 1000 ads.

8. faztbikez

faztbikez Well-Known Member

I know it says debugging but you have parts for sale on motorcycles

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, huh? I'd love to fix whatever it is you're talking about but I need more information.

10. snowbizx

snowbizx Well-Known Member

11. STEEZO

STEEZO Well-Known Member

I think I saw this mentioned in another thread, but I'd get an e-mail from [email protected] stating:

Someone is interested in your ad listing: (link to ad)

(message from interested person)

If the interested person doesn't include contact info, i have no idea who it came from.

12. snowbizx

although the email is from WERA classifieds, the reply to address is to the person that sent the message.

13. STEEZO

STEEZO Well-Known Member

dumb ass me...thanks.

And now that you can view more than 10 items a day, my only other issue/gripe/question is how to make the pics bigger.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And again, I need more info - what do you mean by bigger? The ones you are seeing on the site or ones you upload? A couple mb should make for a pretty good size pic.

15. PhilTheBiker

PhilTheBiker Active Member

16. djteknics

djteknics Active Member

I'm on a macbook using chrome. When I go to the classifieds, I can't see the titles of the ads after I"ve clicked any of the categories. It works fine in safari, but not chrome.

17. PhilTheBiker

PhilTheBiker Active Member

Seems to be working today. Maybe it was only a temporary failure.

18. snowbizx

whatever dude. if you can't decipher the difference between someone trying to help the new site work properly and someone bitching about the way things have changed, then i'm obviously wasting my time helping you out. maybe all the other guys that are purely whining and not being constructive have made you really defensive and quick to jump down other people's throats... i dunno. i was simply saying the inconsistent email subjects are a much bigger problem to users than you might think it is.

don't worry, i'm done trying to help with the new classifieds or posting in any of the debugging threads, so you don't have to go closing this one, too.

have fun charging people for a site that doesn't even work properly yet.

^^^ there, i finally bitched. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  19. faztbikez

faztbikez Well-Known Member

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're working out the mod setup on the site and with working an event this past weekend I haven't had the time to go through everything yet this week.

As for the other posts whining - yeah, you evidently didn't read the first post in this thread. I'm tired of the games so we'll start with a week and move on from there. I gave you your chance for bitching and whining, that is over now. If you don't come here for more than the classifieds then use the new site or leave.