1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to spot a street squid....

Discussion in 'General' started by Cody W., Aug 18, 2010.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You're missing out on hanging with some cool people then. Of course you're missing out on some douches too.

2. soarertt

soarertt I hate electric legs

Yeah, i know. To each their own maybe I should be more open minded.

I don't ride in groups anymore though. Seen my share of squids cornering too fast on public roads, hitting sand, wiping out a few guys. Or the famous "blasting it to 150" in a straight, can't stop fast enough and rear ending someone in the group.

My biggest pet peeve is when people come up to me about my bike and ask "How fast does it go (top speed)". If there was a time in my life where I would smash my helmet on someones face, that would be it.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, I prefer to ride by myself all in all. Even with people I trust, riding in a group always tends to push things more than I would alone.

4. soarertt

I had a riding buddy nearly 10 years ago. He had a GSXR 750 I had my RC51. I would trust him with my life, we could be inches away from each other and not a single worry. Never pushed our limits on public roads speed wise, but more pushed our limits of riding clean and smooth, almost like a dance partner. I have not met anyone since that I could ride like that with off the race track.

I will be 100% honest and say my "skill level" has decreased dramatically without having someone like that to practice with on nearly a daily basis. No one cares about form or lines anymore... it's all about wheelies, top speed, and cool tricks.

5. Wes07

Wes07 Well-Known Member

You mean except the people you find at a racetrack? Or the guys from the racetrack riding on the street?

6. soarertt

:up:

7. mdr14

mdr14 What?

Isn't that Davie Stone?

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

He tried..... What say y'all, did he make it?

[​IMG]
    By auminer at 2011-03-03

[​IMG]
    By auminer at 2011-03-03

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

10. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

...beat me to it.

11. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

sissy bar with no back seat? im confused.....

12. Hilfy

Hilfy Loyal Pillion

Stop me if you've also seen this one:

No helmet or other gear, rolling down the road, one hand on the throttle, the other hand is pressing buttons on a cell phone.

Saw that idiot in Florida where lots of other idiots all ride without any gear to speak of.

13. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

:crackup: I knew exactly who he was talking about

14. Im a squid sometimes

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  15. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

Or the Orange County Deputy texing while riding his cop bike down I-4, in traffic. Pictures on the 6 o'clock news. :crackup:

16. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I have ridden like this plenty when I was going to the track regularly. Guess I am part squid...:eek:

17. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I haven't notice that one yet. I just do a little wave, but I don't pull my hand up over my head or anything, just an off the bar acknowledgement of the other rider.

18. blueninja

blueninja Well-Known Member

meh, if i go for a "joyride" i'm in my full leathers. i'm not dragging knee or anything. there was an article in sport rider a few years ago called "rhythm of the road" which is how a generally ride on the street. does that make me a squid?

19. zyre2503

zyre2503 Well-Known Member

I alwasy thought thats funny..