1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any significance to your race # ?

Discussion in 'General' started by Banditracer, Feb 27, 2011.

1. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

242 comes from a band I used to listen to alot when my bike was made, in 1990 : Front 242. I actually sent them a pic of my race bike to show them the influence they had and they wrote back saying they thought it was pretty cool :D

2. 969

969 Well-Known Member

969 I started racing in 96 and was born in 69.

3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

=

Cincinnati

4. lawdog359

lawdog359 Well-Known Member

Used to run my badge number: 359.
    Currently: 628
    Its the call sign for a friend and co-worker that was involved in a serious on duty crash and suffered a nearly fatal traumatic brain injury. I was the first on scene and helped load him in the ambulance. As a supervisor, and a friend WORST. DAY. EVER. I run it in his honor and I will run it until I hear him back at work. He has made strides nothing short of miraculous, so I hope this will be the last season running it.

5. bj

bj Well-Known Member

#222, both my daughter's and my mom's birthday, February 22nd.

6. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

My number was 659. I had started racing about the same time I started running. I had run a few 5K's and my fastest mile up to that point was 6:59. Over the next couple of seasons as I slimed down and got in better shape I brought that way down.

7. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I wanted 666, but it was taken. If I'm around next season, I'll prob change it.

8. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

my birthday is on april 16th
    my wife is born on 4 th
    my daughter is born on 1st

9. RacerMdub

RacerMdub '03 GSXR 750

343 is the number of Firefighters killed on 9/11.

10. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

555, no significance.

11. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

418 the day my life ended :)

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Was the lowest number I achieved racing MX .
    Back in the day that top 20 were yearly class points.
    Then I started watching roadracing, bought a CBR600 F2
    to build as my 1st race bike.
    [​IMG]
    Became a big Duhamel fan.

13. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

When I started AHRMA I picked 76, 138, 176 and ended up with 176. Just asked for it over here so I wouldn't have to switch numbers. 76 is year I was born. Wanted 138 because I'm a big fan of The Misfits and it's one of their songs. I was having a hard time coming up with something I liked.

14. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

8, It means one less then 9 and one more then 7

15. LuckyBoi

LuckyBoi Active Member

CCS 134. Wanted #34 for Earl Campbell. Walter Payton. Kevin Schwantz. All heroes!

16. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Scott Russell was the first racer I ever saw on tv and that's what got me into racing. I actually got my first race license when he ditched Kawi and went to the Suzuki GP team and ran #45 when he started half way through the season. I applied and was lucky enough to get the number of the guy that made me realize bike racing is the best

17. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

"516" zip of nassau county, long island where I grew up and it is also the birthday of my best friend who got killed by a sleeping motorist in september on his bicycle.