1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AllAboutBikes Magazine is looking for writers

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyB, Feb 24, 2011.

1. ScottyB

ScottyB Active Member

We're currently looking for 3 freelance journalists to add to our team of writers. Currently, we do 6 nationally distributed print publications, and 6 online digital video magazines. AllAboutBike's coverage format includes, Street/Dirt Racing-Riding, Metric/American Cruisers, LadyMoto, Stunting, Drag Racing, etc... If anyone is interested, please feel free to email me for further details. Obviously, you would also need a motorcycle endorsement on you license to ride and review motorcycles. If this sounds like something you're interested in, email me at www.wera.com or check out our website at www.wera.com. As always, I appreciate your time...

Scott

2. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

Sent an email to you, it bounced back.

Edit - Realized you had 3 "l"'s in the email address :)

3. Shogun rr

Shogun rr body work provider

Email sent

4. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Emailed you

5. caferace

caferace No.

Did you guys ever take care of your "affiliate" linkspammer issues? I have what is likely to be a longlasting serious dislike about the way your "team" has done online promotion in the past...

-jim

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm kind of wondering why he felt it was okay to spam the site in here without being polite and asking first...

7. caferace

caferace No.

That would be a fair and likely unanswered question. :D

-jim

8. klebs01

klebs01 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't this be in the dungeon with the link to bible studies?

9. caferace

caferace No.

email him at www.wera.com and ask if he can repost it there. :crackup:

-jim

10. hotnail

hotnail Well-Known Member

I was just waiting for Mongo to jump all over this one! :beer:

11. caferace

caferace No.

I can feel the background subtle text manipulation as I type... :D

-jim

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. ScottyB

ScottyB Active Member

Hey guys...I'm not here to bullshit anyone, promote the magazine, or make any attempt to spam on this forum. I apologize for not asking permission to post this. Let me know if and where I'm allowed to post this in the appropriate location. Thanks, Scott...

14. ScottyB

ScottyB Active Member

I'm not sure what your referring to, but do you have a few minutes you could fill me in? I'd appreciate any time you could give me...Scott

15. caferace

caferace No.

http://www.google.com/search?q=allaboutbikes.com+spam

You need to sift a bit, but it's not overly complex. Those are my few minutes...

-jim

16. ScottyB

ScottyB Active Member

There was a company last year for a very brief time, that was used to help promote the magazine and drive traffic to the site. Unfortunately, it seems their initiatives were no where near what we had in mind. Like I mentioned earlier, it was a brief time and we ended that as soon as we were made aware of it. You are right though, that was ridiculous and I don't blame you for having that dislike as you described it. It was a growing pain and a lesson learned.

17. caferace

caferace No.

So you, when asked directly weren't sure what I was referring to, then when provided evidence suddenly did know what I was referring to.

Got it.

Have you ever tried gardening?

-jim

p.s... Your definition of "very brief time" and mine may differ by a significant margin.

18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

allstonearmy.com ? :confused:

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I always wanted to be a writer in the vein of hemingway (I'm nuts enough), Upton Sinclair, F Scott or D. Noyes but writing and writing well takes skill.

So, you dullards are stuck with me.

Unless of course Ulrich accepts my proposal for my monthly column Ask Doctor Stupid, in which case you all can kiss my white, non hairy ass! :D

20. caferace

caferace No.

:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

To be evilly specific (and no, it wasn't Davie)... This was just one of the allaboutbikes.com spammers I had to deal with...

[​IMG]

Once your reputation is fuxored, you're either going to have to fight hard to get it back (by doing everything right) or go into another business. Like, say.. gardening.

Hey ScottB.. You put out six print publications a year? Fill us in...

-jim

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011