1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iphone apps!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mxer485, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Doodle Jump is pretty cool too

Traffic.com
    Scanner - barcode scanner app
    WinePHD
    Urbanspoon
    Photogene
    And my personal favorite, Starwalk!

2. IrocRob

IrocRob Well-Known Member

3. foster

foster Well-Known Member

Personally the only reason I jailbreak is for MyWi. I've loaded it up with Cydia apps before but inevitably one program or another caused stability issues, so I don't even use winterboard I could care less what my icons look like as long as they work. As for Installous, I'll just let that one be but its definitely not something you HAVE to have as a new iPhone user.

Anyway, regular old app store apps. My favorite or most used are:
    Pulse News - RSS reader
    ESPN Scorecenter
    Weather Channel
    INRIX Traffic - live traffic updates
    MLB at Bat - subscription required but you can listen to any game home or away feed all season long and can even watch live games I use this at the track alot.
    CraigsPro - for craigslist
    eBay
    Dropbox
    Rowmote Pro - control your computer with your iPhone
    Instapaper - useful for long news articles you'd rather read on your computer
    Remote - apple app for controlling iTunes on your computer
    RunKeeper Pro - gps tracker for running, provides pace, time, distance on the display and through voice prompts...if you're a runner its great

Some others I'm sure but that's what I use the most.

4. Capt slow

Capt slow Active Member

I like

Lux DLX 2 (it's basically risk with lots of boards)

Around Me (it helps if your in a none familiar city and are looking for food, movies or whatever)

5. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

Doom is great on the iPhone. Couldn't believe I remember most of the levels from way back in the old days.

6. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

It can work very well with tweaks, this has been gone over before.

The iPhone GPS refresh rate is not that good.

So for the best accuracy you want download roqyBluetooth (aka roqyBT) to use a remote Bluetooth GPS reciever(For 5hz refresh rate). Right now IMO the Qstarz BT-Q1000eX GPS Lap Timer/ data logger is the one to use. Its $169.00 on Amazon, but as with the TomTom app, its worth every cent.

Its much more then a BT GPS reciever as you should be able to tell from the MOTORCYCLE related Vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1x2P2zaAPA

You will be overloaded with great data, realtime and otherwise.

Don't take my word for it, read all you can at Harry's site, rogy's and Qstarz and go from there.

7. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Some that weren't mentioned (or are worth repeating):

Slacker Radio - better than Pandora, IMO
    Google Latitude - very cool seeing where my close friends are at, good privacy settings too
    Find iPhone - works great at finding any of your devices (or your kid's and/or spouse's devices)
    Justin.tv - cool for watching bootlegged streaming video
    Dropbox - sync your documents
    PocketScan - create PDFs directly on the phone. I use this to make PDFs on my receipts for expense reimbursement
    Word Lens - one of the coolest apps ever made. On the fly visual translations of Spanish to English
    Navigon - navigation app. I purchased the additional live traffic add-on, and it's extremely accurate here in the Seattle area

8. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

I like the "live cams" app

Last weekend, we decided to have a little fun with it.

Yes we were bored

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I like it more than Angry Birds.
    Accuweather
    Facebook
    Flashlight
    OperaMini
    Google App
    AppShopper
    Kindle (if you have a Kindle)
    Find iPhone (used to be paid but is now Free!)
    8mm - paid but hell yeah!
    GPSLite
    Geared
    Duke 3d (original DukeNukem!)
    LockBox
    Poynt
    DropBox
    Amazon
    EBay
    UPS

10. GREYCAT

GREYCAT Member

I just Dl the app and after reading this I started to play around with Setting's
    Went to Expert settings changed the refresh rate from 5 to 10:up:

Or is the Iphone limited to something less than 5:down:

11. lizard84

The iPhone has limited refresh capabilities, that's where Rogy and a BT GPS reciever comes in.

12. Mxer485

Mxer485 Well-Known Member

As far as the jailbreak apps go how is the jailbreak TomTom 1.5 app comparable to the TomTom 1.6 version that you would purchase off the apple store. What the major difference in features? Wondering if the jailbreak version would get the lite traveler by with what he would need or is the 1.6 version that much better and a must have. Everybody I talk to says the 35 dollars tomtom 1.6 version was worth every penny. Wondering if those same peeps have tried the free jailbreak 1.5 version and if they would say the same thing. Anybody out there try both of them?

13. lizard84

1.6 is just an update map to my knowledge, there is a cracked 1.6 version.

The good thing about the TomTom app is that the entire map is stored on the phone, so if your in a poor ATT coverage area you are still good to go, it doesn't matter if you have zero bars.

It uses about 1.55 gig of space on your phone. So download it in a wifi zone or load it from your computer if you have a limited data plan.

14. styles

styles The untrained eye

eBuddy << GoogleTalk, AIM, Facebook Chat, etc.
    PageOnce << Finances.
    TuneIn Radio << Can listen to radio stations all around the nation.

15. styles

styles The untrained eye

[​IMG]

16. lizard84

[​IMG]

17. Shogun rr

Shogun rr body work provider

the app that I think you will all like is called Motorcylce Track Log. It is awesome. You get to save up to 12 bikes and track most things that you do. It tracks suspension, tires, gearing, fuel, and you can add what ever catagories you want. Then you log every test and race with specific date like track and tempatures. After you log a certain number of days you can set the parameters for the day and the app gives you the optimal settings for the track and weather. Really cool app I have been using it to set up my new 848 and it works really well and I can track what changes I have made better than just writing it down.

18. SpeedyRican916

SpeedyRican916 Well-Known Member

Jailbreak:
    Sbsettings with iRetina+ and few extra toggle plug ins, like springflash, ssh...
    ScrollingBoard (gives u infinite folders and infinite scrolling dock)
    SBRotator set to 3x6
    Lockinfo with weather plug-in
    BiteSMS - best SMS app, ever - with blackicon plug in
    CameraButtons
    My3G

App store apps:
    iTeleport - I love this app!
    Cyclemeter
    TomTom
    Soundhound
    Skype and Tango - to video chat with non-iphones and computers
    Ringtones - to make your own ringtones with music from your iPod
    Google Voice + translate
    Engadget

Games:
    Real Racing 2
    Street Fighter IV
    Paper Toss
    Stunt Biker
    Fragger
    Gravity Guy
    Doodle Jump
    Sonic
    Cut the Rope
    PacMan
    among many others but those are the ones I play mostly

19. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Just got BiteSMS yesterday and I have to admit I love it. Another good reason to jailbreak. Hopefully these JB features make their way into iOS 5.0

20. lizard84

I didn't check everyone's post to see if they where listed but a few other must haves for myself for a jail-broken phone are:

OpenSSH
    iFile
    mymedia