1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SHout Out to Wills Rim Repair

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Steve C., Jan 26, 2009.

1. kiggy74

kiggy74 As useful as an...

I've used Will's at least three times and had great response and results each time.

With that in mind, I would NEVER recommend that someone just ship anyone expensive parts without first speaking to them and getting an expectation on cost and turnaround time.

2. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I received a call back from them this morning. She did mention they are backed up with work, and there's about a 4 week wait. That doesn't help me in my situation timewise, but at least I now know that I've got to look at other options to have mine done in time,, and I'll send mine to them later on.

They'll have my business though, no doubt. :up:

3. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Well Will has had my rim and front rotors for almost 7 weeks and they are still not done. I needed it back by March 10th before I head to Jennings. Glad I ended up buying another front rim and rotors just in case.

Leason learned

4. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

7 weeks! OUCH!!

Ha! That's what I've just done. :)

5. ianeloc675

ianeloc675 Well-Known Member

Same story here... left 3 messages already within the last 4 days and still no response. If business is that good then maybe they need to think about hiring part time help to answer/return calls. Sent my rotor out to him though yesterday in hopes that it gets put into the line to get done.

6. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Make it 9 now. LOL

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Somehow, this just makes no sense to me why people would continue to promote a business with such poor business practices. :confused: Tdub

8. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Well I am not promoting just giiving my .02 I will never use them again. Lesson learned

9. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I sent him an email last Friday and got a response later that day. I specifically asked about turn around.
    His response:
    "Hi, our turn around is pretty backed up. No more than four weeks right now. "

10. ianeloc675

ianeloc675 Well-Known Member

They could probably double or triple their business/income and make it a full time gig instead of part time if they would simply answer their phone or return calls/voice mails even say, within a day or two MAX. Hope I don't regret sending that rotor over.

11. RightSideUp

RightSideUp Well-Known Member

I just sent my front wheel out.. lets see how long it takes I am already looking for another so I can get one soon. Anyone have a straight 07+ CBR 600 front wheel? haha

12. F3nrir125

F3nrir125 Well-Known Member

I left them a message 2 weeks ago and finally they returned a call. I needed info on straightening up my brake rotor and she said the turn around would be at least 4 weeks. I was thinking if it takes 2 weeks to give a simple call back I'm guessing my rotor will take 4 months. I want to do business with them, but the turn around time makes me hesitant. I guess the best thing to do is to shop around first like what everybody is doing.

13. gixxer357

gixxer357 Well-Known Member

Just wanna give a quick shout out to Will's!!!! I sent him a rim 3 weeks ago and it's on its way back to me. This is the 2nd one they've repaired for me and I have no complaints, but then again I don't really need the communication part and I'm not in a rush.

14. G2G

G2G I feel the need

15. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Ron does excellent work and has great communication. You won't be disappointed. Thumbs up to FrameStraight.

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I did get my rim and (2) sets of rotors back a month ago.
    Will couldn't fix the rim I sent him. So, I ended buying a rim that he had, which is in great shape.
    $185 shipped for a replacement front rim and mounted tire and (2) sets of straightened rotors.

Took a while, but I knew that going in so no worries here.
    I'll continue to use them.

17. streetrockets

streetrockets Well-Known Member

Will's Rim Repair MISSING!!!

We have done business with Will's for couple years. They have a volume break, 5 wheels or more, $55.00. Sent 7 wheels first week of Feb. Called in 2 weeks, message machine, no reply. Called every 3 or 4 days for weeks, no reply. Have called and left 9 messages, no reply, now about 40 days. Fed Exp confirmed delivery. For last 6 days, phone message machine full, now can't even leave message because they are not clearing machine. Have 3 bikes now down for at least 40 days. No reply.
    Friends, BEWARE. If you hope to get wheels back (maybe) before end of 2011, stay away. Now going to get police involved to verify they are even at address or in business. Will let you know. In meantime, stay away ferom Will's Rim Repair!! Streetrockets If you can help, 615-887-1996 THX

18. patrickg

patrickg New Member

WOW.. I'd dealt with Will last year, June 2010, when I came home from Iraq and the turn around time was decent at best. Still no communication but rim was damn near perfect.
    Update.. I sent a rear wheel off on March 4, 2011 they received the rim on March 8, called them on Friday to ask if they had a time line of when to expect it back. NO ANSWER, called again on the 14 and 16 of March, NO Answer. Called again every 2-3 days, finally got a call on the 24 of March telling me that had got it but it wasn't done yet. 2 weeks past with me calling every 3-4 days to see if it is done. Got a call on Monday the 4 of April telling me it was done. They shipped it the next day, called them on Wednesday to get a tracking number, NO ANSWER. Rim arrived on Friday.
    I'll never use Will's again, that is why I'm on this thread to see what other opitions there are.
    Calling woody's and Mack's tomorrow.
    Great thread.

19. grantcarruthers

grantcarruthers Well-Known Member

Just called and got an answer on second ring, talking 2 week turn around. Payment by paypal when they're done.

Sounds like they're back up to speed

I'll post back results

Still 1/2 the price of everyone else so at least there's that. :up:
    :clap:

20. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Does he cryo/straighten rotors? I have a damn Suzuki Intruder with a warped rotor I need straightened. A replacement is $200!