Just got attacked by a wild possum....piX

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Last possum in my yard got knocked over the fence off the end of my axe handle.

Last night it was me vs the raccoon. Squint eyed bastard was on the deck knocking stuff over. I got the axe handle and crept to the door but the little shitte scuttled into the yard and up a tree. This happened three times. I could just shoot him but where's the fun in that?

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

He got it drunk first.

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Cute little bugger.

4. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Heidi the Crossed Eye Possum is pretty cool. She even has her own Facebook site.

5. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Man every possum I've seen was hissing and mean as hell. I remember getting home from church one Sunday and my dad seen a big possum in the carport. he jumped out of the car and grabbed a 4"x8" about 4' long and smashed the possum flat as a pancake. I think I was about 4 one of my earliest memories.

6. gman350

gman350 Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. We had a female cat at work that 3 different guys tried to take home. One lived 20 miles away, took her a little over a month to find her way back. She had 3 different litters over the year and a half she hung around. I got one of her 1st. When she was in heat there would be 5 or 6 toms hanging around also. A couple of the guys that work there were feeding her, which also attracted a big ol coon, and then a litter of baby coons. City ended up trapping and killing the cats, boss told the guys doing the feeding they would get fired if they kept it up. It was quite amusing watching the little kittens play at lunch time though.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't know if you were responding to Toe, but that could be a fun experiment. Buy some cheap wine to leave on the porch every night and turn your raccoon into an alcoholic.

8. M0t0Vixen

M0t0Vixen Member

Awe its kinda cute! I had a possum chase me back in my house one night. Kinda freaked me out a lil. So now I let my 2 Neapolitan Mastiffs outside first then I go behind them :up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. gman350

gman350 Well-Known Member

Another place I worked I was the last one out the back door at breaktime. There was a 6" diameter downspout laying by the door that had fallen off the building. The guys are telling me hey a mouse just ran in that pipe. Cool I'm always up for harassing wildlife. So I went down to the end and reached down to get ready to grab it and another guy kicked the other end. The biggest goddamn "mouse" I've ever seen in my life came flying out teeth bared and pissed off. :eek: Chased me a good 10 yards before he veered off under a car. Was a possum. I'm still not sure if they were laughing at my reaction, the screaming like a girl, or when I grabbed a spare pair of shorts out of my truck and went back inside. Bastards.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To prove to the possum that it can be done.

11. M0t0Vixen

M0t0Vixen Member

Best laugh I've had all day OMG ROFLMFAO!

12. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Only 53 posts too late.........

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

[​IMG]

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So far none have come back, but the ones that are left stay away from the trap. If they do return I may have to go back on my promise to my wife to relocate and not eliminate. Kittens are cute but I got tired of my yard being the sandbox and stepping in it getting the paper in the morning. The possum once caught is going to a friends house. She told me she thought they were cute. :)