1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

25 years ago tomorrow....

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Jan 27, 2011.

1. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

same here, but 6th grade. Called my mom at work to tell her what I saw on the TV and she didn't believe me.

2. bluebandit2g

bluebandit2g Well-Known Member

In 1st grade. The teacher rolled a tv into the class so we could watch the news footage.

3. dark6

dark6 cockasaurus

6 years old, watching it in class.

4. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

8th grade Mr. Clarkes class.

5. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

I just came back from a 6 month WESPAC cruise.

6. mike574

mike574 Well-Known Member

5th grade. they brought a TV in to the classroom so we could watch the launch.

7. Saltman

Saltman Curves Are Sexy

Watching my kindergarten teacher start to cry as she quickly cut off the tv.

8. BR549

BR549 Well-Known Member

I was on the west bank of the Indian River Lagoon in Titusville.....about 15 miles west of the launch pad. It was sickening to see.

9. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

Watching the launch live on TV at school in the sixth grade...The teacher started crying instantly, it took a few minutes for it to soak into us kids, but then it hit like a ton of bricks...I remember it being the first "real" true moments of feeling sadness in my life.

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I believe I was watching from Orlando at Nuclear Power School.

11. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Was in 8th grade. Lived just west of Jacksonville, and remember it was cooold.

Anyone remember what time of day it was? :confused:

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Standing at my work station shipping packages and heard it on the radio. We went and got the tv from conference room and watched.

13. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Watching it live from inside an office tower in Tampa...

14. earacing

earacing Race Dad

In the shop at the roofing company where I worked in upstate NY.

15. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Walking into my dorm room, and my stoner roommate said, "Dude! The freaking space shuttle blew up!".

I didn't believe him until he convinced me to turn on the TV. :(

16. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

5th grade, watching it live with the whole class. Still remember every detail like it was yesterday. :(

17. keithnewton

keithnewton Member

I was a senior in highscool in Stuart, Fl.. We all went outside to watch the launch. I remember the awful feeling I felt. I still think about it every time I watch a shuttle launch.

18. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Listening on the radio at work.

I don't care about the risks, I still want to be an Astronaut when I grow up. :up:

19. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

Was walking past a big TV in a student commons area at Murray State Univ and saw the Challenger accident. Then when the Columbia accident happened, I was in the control room at Kennedy, waiting for it to land, which of course it didn't.

20. noeyes

noeyes Well-Known Member

At the time I was working for a NASA contractor on the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville as a draftsman. We were working on some flight hardware that was supposed to fly on the very next mission.

I was sitting at my drawing board listening to a live broadcast of the launch on the radio. It was awful.