1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marzocchi 50mm Forks - the real mac daddies

Discussion in 'Parts for Sale' started by hoppa2k6, Jan 18, 2011.

1. hoppa2k6

hoppa2k6 Well-Known Member

Up for sale is my used set of Marzocchi 50mm forks. These are completely huge and boss. If you know what these go for new, you're going to love my asking price. Looking for $1400 shipped. Just buy your choice of a triple and an axle in your size and you'll be a rock star.

A bit of unique history is in this set as well. I've been told that these were custom built for a race team. I don't have 100% confirmation for sure, but I have contacted Marzocchi and they are checking the info they have on the forks to see what they can come up with. You can tell they are a custom build as these were not available for retail sales. The only ones out there are the red version, black version, and the euro bikes out there that came with them stock. Those are silver like these but have a different design.

They have some definite use showing on them and a bit of rash on the bottom of one, but were checked out by Marzocchi and cleared for duty.

$1400 shipped takes them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. alexandros

alexandros New Member

3. Spudbud

Spudbud Urban Moto Sports

ohhh... i want these... wanna do a part trade for a set of ohlins 25mm 07 gsxr 750 lol

4. suly1369

suly1369 Active Member

How would I fit this on my 06 750

5. tom929rr

tom929rr Active Member

Wow they're awesome...

6. BSully1850

BSully1850 Well-Known Member

Will these work with 108mm calipers? Also, what size triples do these use?

7. hoppa2k6

@alexandros - thanks!

@Spudbud - hahaha, srry no trades, unless it's like a 70 goat, chevelle, or le mans... hahhahaha (i add a little - BAWH HAHAHHAA)

@suly1369 - with the right elbowgrease and $, they'll fit anything. Pm me more details of your bike (fork diameter of upper and lower, front axle diameter, etc...) and we can figure it out...

@tom929rr - thanks brother!

@BSully1850 - whoops, forgot to add that. Yes, 108mm spacing. I believe the spacing for the triple will have to be 53/63, but I think my digital caliper was on the fritz so I'll double check that when I get back to the shop...

8. hoppa2k6

9. JLove

JLove Well-Known Member

Beautiful

10. mavrik82

mavrik82 Well-Known Member

Interested,........maybe? Sent PM yesterday requesting more info. Sending another now. If nothing else, here's a bump!

11. hoppa2k6

pm replied!

ttt

12. hoppa2k6

I found out some more details of the forks. Marzocchi confirmed these forks came off James Toseland's season opening MotoGP winning bike when he was with Ten Kate in 2006. The forks were sprung for 185-195lbs and have specially designed fork tubes for a custom triple specially designed for Ten Kate. The tubes measure 58mm (top clamp) 63mm (bottom clamp).

[​IMG]

hope that helps!

I will include the triple for an 04-07 1000rr at $2200 shipped.

Considering Marzocchi sells just the triple alone for $1700-$2000... I think these are priced right. Not only are you getting amazing forks, but they have some great history to them as well!

13. nac.00

nac.00 Well-Known Member

Imagine rolling up to the pits and have guys ask "what kind of forks are those". Id reply "they're off of james toseland's moto gp bike...really no big deal!!!!"

14. hoppa2k6

hahaha, indeed. Now that I have this info confirmed, I'm considering holding on to them. They just have so much mystique about them!

15. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

wouldnt that be world superbike not motogp?

16. hoppa2k6

shoot, i think your right. Thought it was motogp, but if memory serves me right, toseland wasn't in motogp in 2006. So yeah, it must have been world superbike. nice catch!

17. BSully1850

BSully1850 Well-Known Member

What is the offset on the triples?

18. ofcounsel

ofcounsel Above the Law

Sweet. Will these work on my SV650? :D

19. erichsoncycles

erichsoncycles Well-Known Member

Those are preeeeetttttyyyy wow!

20. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Too bad the axle style is wrong or i'd consider these for my '10 MV F4. They would slide right into the existing clamps!