1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What fuel are you using

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Twissta, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Twissta

Twissta Well-Known Member

this is for you vintage 7 guy's who ride a cbr f2.....

what fuel were you using before engine mod's, I have a stock cbr f2 91 with a full exhaust. I am so tired of breaking down the carbs and cleaning them, retuning them etc...I want to use a race gas that will one help clean carbon out of the exhaust and help remove deposit from the piston and exhaust valves. any input would do me some good....even though I have drained the bowls I'm still having clogging issues. Also I want to know and compare information that I am learning from school..:up:

2. Twissta

Twissta Well-Known Member

come on you guy's I would like to know?

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I ride a stock 95 F3. I've owned it since March 2008, taking it to 5 race weekends and 2 trackdays. I run whatever premium fuel is near the track and I've never cleaned my carbs. Probably should though.

4. Motomark32

Motomark32 skinny tires

Just a thought, what is the condition of the inside of your tank? F2's are old enough now that a rusted/crudded up tank could be a possibility.

5. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

When I ran v7 I ran 93 octane. lol I still run that in everything I own. There is no advantage to fuel if the bike isn't set up for it. IE larger jetting, advanced timing etc.

6. sauce314

sauce314 BROWN DYNAMITE

sooooooooooooooooooo true tuna,run pump gas & take your carbs total apart not just the bowls off,ive never had carb problems even with pump gas.

7. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I dont know about your area, but down here we are getting ethanol in out fuel! Its suck water out of the air if you let it sit long, Now i mix aviation gas with pump premium fuel, i mix 1 gal to 4 and its real dry by itself, now most stock motors dont like high octane fuel, Burns too slow and slow the bikes down, now if theres no ethanol then pumps gas is the best.And for those who follow directions when doing a jet kit, factory is the way to go on a F2 or F3 but raise the needles up till it slow you down. Then jet mains the same. Good luck and hope this helps.

Steven Isenhower #52 2001 V-6
    2nd Sucks Racing
    2ndsucksracing.webs.com

8. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Chevron 93 octane,burns cleanest of the pump fuels down this way.