1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best tire pressure gauge

Discussion in 'General' started by 976-FIZR, Jan 13, 2011.

1. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

I did a search and couldn't find the goddamn thread, so here it is again:

What's the best tire pressure gauge going out there, and from whom should I purchase it? Meaning who's a beeb sponsor or friend of the beeb that sells it?

Thanks.

2. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

i have a blue point i got off the snap on guy, the flex hose type with dial gage

3. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Will work for race gear

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Another vote for the Motion Pro. Works great. I've found that if you pay $20 for a gauge, you treat it as such and it ends up going off. Pay $80 for it and you tend to take better care of it. Just vent it from time to time and dont let anyone else use it. If someone asks to use your gauge, give them your old one to use.

5. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

6. Shogun rr

Shogun rr body work provider

I have the motin pro and it is awesome. The only downside is that you have to take out the rubber seal when you get to each track so that the guage can equalize. But this is a really small inconvienieace and the product is still the best I have ever used.

7. Cody W.

Cody W. Well-Known Member

+1 motion pro

8. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

The Motion Pro gauge does work very well however you do have to be somewhat careful how you transport the gauge. The newest models are known to leak if you don't transport them in an upright position.

9. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Howie, if money is no object, I recommend the Intercomp electronic gauge. It's the most accurate gauge I've ever owned.

10. me b racin

me b racin Thermosman is my Hero

2nd:up:

11. blankwall

blankwall Well-Known Member

Anyone use the accutire gage? $20 one with a flexible hose. Any good?

12. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

I saw a test a while back where the $20 digital gauges they sell at Sears, Pep Boys, etc were all accurate to within 1%. Honestly for $80 that motion pro doesn't inpress me. Accuracy is +/- almost a full pound according to the specs.

I'll have to look at who made mine when my stuff comes out of storage. Some off brand I've had it for 25 years and it's still accurate to +/- 1/2lb when I check it againist the calibrated ones at work.

13. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

I have, they are good for a bit then go off fairly quickly when I've used them. Went through about 3 of them, bought a motion pro and never looked back.

14. 976-FIZR

976-FIZR In transition...

:crackup: Since when is money not an object?!? LOL.

Thanks, guys, good input. Now the research begins! :up:

15. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Nobody has mentioned Longacre. Great brand that all the SCCA guys used to swear by.

16. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I use a truck gauge with hose and dial, but it goes to 120 lbs, the last 60 lb I used I over pressured it and killed it..

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

they seem to keep decent calibration.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

19. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

We use the motion pro in the shop and at the track. Been perfect.

20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Very good results with the Motion Pro as well for the past 3-4 years.