1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how was Barber?

Discussion in 'General' started by BC61, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Do they let GIRLS in??? :D :p ;)

Sorry, had to do it. :clap:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gary - everyone knew the deal going into it. As for credits, didn't think we made anyone fall down...

We will have the ability to get bikes while racing is going on for the next event - the track is totally set up for doing so, we however were not for this event.

The track is indescribable, no it's not just a racetrack. This for us was like a little league team playing in a major league stadium. It was/is/will always be an amazing place.

The people are just as good as the track if not better. We could not have asked for a better experience from start to finish.

3. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Some people can find something wrong with every track we go to!! I guess I go to the races with a positive attitude. Instead of going to see what I can find wrong with the tracks!!!
    :rolleyes:
    I wasn't there--Heard it was AWESOME!!! Can't wait for the National!!!!:clap:

4. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Barber Wonderland!

The Barber Motorsports facility is top notch by any standard. The grounds, scoring tower/tech building, restrooms/showers, paddock, staff, and best of all - the track itself.

I was able to run take-offs all weekend and won two of my races!

The only thing I don't get is the lack of power in the paddock. As Eddie said: They spent over $50mil on the place and $500k is too much to add power in the paddock??:confused:

Anyway, had a great time racing and getting my bike number changed 3 times by registration:D Oh, and getting lectured by Tony about a muffler bracket falling off or something.;) j/k Tony

Thanks again for the coffee Mongo - it was mongolicious!:p

5. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

Barber was incredible...

6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Re: Barber Wonderland!

I wondered what was up with that, wasn't your number 12 when you flew by me in the HWT Solo race on saturday :D

hmmm...so you were on take-offs all weekend. Gee thanks I feel really slow now. My once new Michelins still look very good after 4 races. :)

7. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Barber Wonderland!

Yeah that was me...number 12 on Saturday...number 723 briefly in the morning on Sunday...then back to 123 for the sprints. Sharon and the girls were doing a great job trying to keep track of us all so the number change thing was no problem for me...as I told them: it kept my competition guessing!:cool:

Roy, you know that little round thing on the right handlebar? Just twist it and it will make you go!;) :D

It was good to finally meet - hope to see you down at the GNF!

8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Re: Re: Re: Barber Wonderland!

LOL...if I twisted it any harder the cables would have broke. I know they are stretched after this weekend. I was wide open on every straight. Poor engine was at 12~14k all weekend long, no match for them 7fifty's on the straights unless I run over you guys mid corner. :D

Nice meeting you in person too. Definetly see you at the GNF. :)

9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

hehe...nice to put a face with a bbs name even though I didn't know that was you at the time. :) Sorry for all the confusion. :D

10. IYFphoto

IYFphoto Ripper of fish lips

1. Pay at the pump race gas...I had to get some leaded for my streetbike (I know it says offroad only)...God I love that smell...$4.50 a gallon though. Guess that's cheaper than beer.

2. Custom made coke machines with cool racing pics on them

3. Super clean bathrooms

4. Sweet track of course...this was the first round that I actually regretted not racing to take pictures.

5. And those sexy blue vests that media got to wear...they were so nice and cool in the afternoon sun:eek:

6. And everything else that I forgot...that was all good too:D

11. pseudocode

pseudocode Well-Known Member

The track is AWESOME to race on. But its not until you walk the track that you can fully appreciate the country-clubbish feeling of the place -- manicured grass, real landscaping, statues. As has been said, the staff there did a great job. You can tell they take pride in the place. And this is a good thing. We were all given 12" squares of plywood to set our canopy legs on in order to not damage the pavement, the restroms were continually cleaned (ran into the cleaning crew several times when I REALLY had to go - DOH!) Overall, a great experience. Like Mongo said -- Little League in a Big League park.

12. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

I feel your pain brotha i FEEL your pain!!! :D:D All i could do was sit in the corners when i was working on Fri. and Sat and think to myself, DAMMIT I WANNA BE OUT THERE!!! *sigh* in a couple of months i suppose. :(

for those of you who didnt make it there this weekend, the only way i can describe it is: think of the FINEST country club youve ever seen, then imagine it TWICE as nice as that, then build a world class bike track around it, now you have Barber Motorsports. :)

13. WERA 20

WERA 20 Well-Known Member

This place is awesome, excellent job by WERA, cornerworkers, and last but not least Barber for building such a place for the sport. Never seen the place before Friday, raced Saturday in the med. and heavyweight solo 14. Somehow managed second in mediumweight and first in heavyweight. I was looking for Diego and Conger but neither were there ???

I would just like to thank them wherever they are for taking the weekend off and getting my first win. Hope both are o.k. wherever they may be. :beer:

Can't wait to go again. :D

14. speed-racer

speed-racer Well-Known Member

If you missed all the fun this past weekend come out and practice with us Sunday, July 20th. Get all the info by following the Barber link on the Marietta Motorsports web site:

www.1888fastlap.com

Thanks,
    Stan Dilcher
    FSRA Event Director

15. 3rddegr6

3rddegr6 Well-Known Member

2nd that Todd. I am about to go nuts.

16. SonicDuck

SonicDuck Flying Feather Duster

Rome wasn't built in a day and I think Barber is hardly done with his Rome. :D