Sobriety Checkpoints

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by CausticYarn, Nov 28, 2010.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

You nuts?

If that's patriotism then I must of been in the wrong government class.

2. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

I think you missed the joke.
    I hate when that happens.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Sarchasm is for when people miss the joke. What are we supposed to use when the joke misses?

4. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

DEEZ

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

How Bushy...

6. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Reload it into a $35,000 grenade launcher and try again? :D

7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Hey that thing is 35K of serious woop a##. I can just imagine the huge edge it gives our guys and am very pleased they have them.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

At least they will have an edge until someone else comes up with a copy, steals one, or makes an unauthorized purchase.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fixed... :(

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Am I the only person that wants to reach a sobriety checkpoint some night when I've had NOTHING to drink and start acting drunk then fall out of the car when the officer asks me to get out? :D

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

My wife's uncle had to give up drinking several years ago when the Doc told him to stop or die. He now goes out trolling for cops with a car full of drunks.

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Now see, that's some fun right there. :D

13. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

I'm starting to wonder what the ammunition costs.:D

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

A lot I am sure. Sounds like it is a RPG with some precision position sensors. At a minimum it is like a 3DOF which also means there is some computing power on it and power to power that. Pretty creative thinking in addition to the technology.

The ammo will not stop theft but would limit the lifespan of the hot weapon to an enemy. As to our enemies wanted to steal it for reverse engineering I bet they are plotting as I type while drooling in jealousy.

I talked to a Brit one year skiing in Canada. He said their guys loved to be hooked up with us as we had the baddest toys out (mentioned they were also happy we were friends :crackup:)

15. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I got stopped one time for doing 15mph. I was following some new friends to their house for a party. They inquired about my services (protection). They feared they would get their heads shaved the minute they had one too many.

As I followed, I started to weaved in my lane, in a very fluid manner. The campus cop held me for about 45 minutes while they ran every frigging thing they could to try to pin me for something? F'ing ridiculous.

My first week at the Big School (University) I learned not to get noticed by the police.

The funny thing is that when I got my RC 51, I used on of the parking lots (use to be an airfield during WWII) and got acquainted with the bike. Mostly, by doing 0-100-0. Cops drove by, look. I waved. They came back a second time. They stopped for a while and watched. Not one time did they came over to talk to me. :D

Maybe it was the proper gear, reflective best and site selection. Or the fact they had not pinned me as the Cuban.

16. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

i left a coffee shop on base one night and seen a ride program, well i turned off my radio and hit the button on my window, and pulled up next to the cop. my last little bit of breaking was a bit hard and i kinda came to a sudden stop. (but right beside the officer). he asked me if i seen all the flashing lights, i replied that i thought they were christmas lights and chuckled. he didnt find it funny. he asked me many different ways where i was going and where i had been. i had nothing to drink and wasnt worried. they are set up in the same 3-4 spots year round. only time i thought it was funny was when they did one at 6am.. apparently they actually busted a few guys for DUI on their way TO work lol.

17. scotth

scotth Banned

Yeah, I'd just say--and this is pure speculation, it's not like I'd know or anything--that cops in general only find things funny when the joke is on someone else, not them, and that when a joke actually is on them they tend to get huffy, pissy, bitchy and downright 12 year-old girl-ish. Especially once they figure out it's a joke. It might be like you took away their widdle truck at Cwistmas.

That's all fun until--again, this is just pure conjecture on my part--you decide to get all Darrin Kaczynski one night and can't pass up an opportunity to show the system how fucked up it is...and end up missing an incredible party with Mandy McMillian because those pissy little bitches can't take a joke and hold you at the checkpoint while they recalibrate the breathalyzer 47 times, hold their dicks, then send you to get blood drawn, just to be on the safe side, no matter how well you can recite the alphabet backwards.

(Hypothetically, I suspect throwing the Greek alphabet in there--forwards and backwards--might also be a problem. They're not really sure what it is, but they're sure they're not sure, and that just pisses them off more.)

On the plus side, you could get a chance to see two or three real drunks, and that'll give you experience on how not to act if you were, in fact, really hammered.

Again, not like I'd know or anything. And FTP. :D

18. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

What about D.A.T.M.?

Drunks Against Texting Mothers :rolleyes:

19. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

Back in February of 2010 I exercised my right to remain silent at a roadblock. The response was a contrived smell of alcohol on my breath, a threat of taking my truck and motorcycle, a forced PAS/PBT test, a threat of arrest for "obstruction," and an order to never return to the area. (I lived a couple blocks away.)

To protect myself from malicious prosecution, I began travelling with recording devices. Surprise, surprise, surprise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESv-39IT1QY

P.S. Aw damn isn't there some no-video rule here? Don't ban me, bro!

20. sdg

sdg *

:wow: don't know what to say to that...