1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trackdays Forum

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyTide, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Not enough

2. RedEIKO0713

RedEIKO0713 you like noodles? fapfap

100% obviously! otherwise where's the argument?!?!

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

That wasn't my motivation in asking.

4. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Trackday riders who are going to race will do so regardless of whether there's a 'Trackday' section on this forum. Fact.

Also, one thing I always thought was ridiculous was the trackday clubs / coaches / riders that took advantage of the WERA trackday forum, but wouldn't show support for WERA themselves or on their dime.

Now that I think about it, this was a pretty damn good move.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I know it wasn't yours, however the overwhelming majority of those threads was thinly veiled advertising.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very very few honestly. Racers tend to get into racing very quickly, trackday riders tend to stick with trackdays. Yes there are exceptions but not many really.

7. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER You can't see me

Good enough

8. slaw0002

slaw0002 Not as fat !!!!!!!

Apex2Apex was the BEST :up::up::up::up:

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Can we still post that NESBA sucks?

David

10. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

I don't think the BBS's lack of a TD forum will deter any TD riders from stepping up to racing. If they're on the BBS then they're at least already interested and considering racing with WERA.

11. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

:crackup: :crackup:

:Pop:

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ha! I think that's become as much a part of the BBS as Montes cones.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Awesome! I'm mostly glad it's gone. Now let's get rid of the Dungeon and convert Race Reports to Assclowntown and limit a few (most?) to posting there and we're moving along nicely.

Oh yeah, something something something the classifieids. :D

14. slowmo

slowmo Well-Known Member

Are we still allowed to point out that NESBA Sucks!

:p

or does that make me a CR looking for free tracktime?

uggh - beaten to the punch!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  15. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Well-Known Member

Agreed, and I'm just a lowly trackday rider.:beer: It was nice to have started it, but it was primarily to get one org's free advertising out of the general section. People who want to just do trackdays can go to the respective organization's forums and get questions pertaining to trackdays answered there. Or here in the tech section if appropriate. I don't blame Mongo for nuking it.

16. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I understand WERA's point based on those that "advertise", but see no problem with "Roll Call, who's going" types of threads.

But, this is a Race(r) site, and technically if you want to talk about trackdays, etc., you should go to those trackday clubs forums and post about said trackdays.

I however do talk up WERA & CCS over on JenningsGP's site, as many of us regulars over there still do trackdays, and race as well! It's usually a win-win for all. If there's a CCS/WERA race event coming I, or others, will post up "who's racin'?", and talk about who's racing, our results, and such. Dits & I have done many of this. And we will continue.

We need to support ALL motorcycle riding (trackdays & racing :up:)

17. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

2fer and H8R are getting their own section?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Jennings site is a racetrack site and since we pay them a good amount of money every event we do it makes sense for them to allow promotion of any event at their facility.

I had no problem with people talking about going riding together even at another clubs race events. However as usual, people started being stupid and ruined it.

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Tardville.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They have one already and half that combo is already there...