Booking a Honeymoon

Discussion in 'General' started by wingnutks, Jan 4, 2011.

1. wingnutks

wingnutks Well-Known Member

Me and the wife want to go to Hawaii in April for our honeymoon. I went to college in Hawaii and know some of the islands pretty well. Would it still be better to book the honeymoon with a travel agent?

2. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

My wife books all of our trip by herself and we go to some amazing places and very reasonably. But she has lots of free time on her hands and likes doing it. I guess it depends on how much leg work you want to do?

3. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

We booked our honeymoon to Italy through a travel agency and she booked everything.
    Very easy process.

4. Tib

Tib Well-Known Member

We have done it both ways. We have found that booking with a Travel Agent now a days is the same price as booking it yourself with the added benefits of it being easier and they sometimes throw in the travel protection for free. Example is the Sandals resorts, they charge you the same that the travel agency does. Unless your part of a program where you can get discounts such as working for an airline or such I would go with a travel agent. Do you really want the stress of getting something wrong for your honeymoon?

5. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

She booked our sightseeing tours, train tickets, airline. Travel agent is the way to go!

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I used a travel agent once. It was actually a couple hundred bucks cheaper than the package I could put together. YMMV

7. wingnutks

We are actually also considering a Sandals trip too. Right now they are on sale and it would be much cheaper than Hawaii... with nicer ammenities as well.

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Did Sandals Negril 2 yrs ago and doing Royal Caribbean this year. All-inclusive is a great way to travel.

9. wingnutks

Royal Caribbean is the one we are looking at.

10. Tib

Tib Well-Known Member

We did Sandals Grande Antingua last year and we are doing Sandals Grande St. Lucia this February. Antingua was amazing and we were in the new section with an amazing view. I only expect they are all on par with each other.

11. DrummerDaveB

DrummerDaveB The Spartan

Go for the travel agent, if you want to get raped.

My wife & I went to Thailand a couple months ago.

Travel agent wanted more than twice what it cost us to do it on our own.

12. wingnutks

I think if we go to Sandals we may not go thru an agent, just a quick price check to see if they can get any discounts we cant. It is easy, because it is all inclusive.

13. DrummerDaveB

DrummerDaveB The Spartan

Yeah, that may be different than a 'cross the globe trip w/ intracountry airfare, different hotels, transport, etc.

14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

If you go to Kona I've got a great suggestion for a condo in the Kailua area. Went there for our 20th Anniversary this year. Oceanfront 3rd floor, nice kitchen and full laundry and free wifi so you can monitor the beeb. :). Cooked most of our meals, bought fresh fish, beef, fruit and vegetables from the local farmers markets. Fresh papaya with a squeeze of lime makes a great breakfast. It was a great way to relax!!

Lots to see, besides the beaches, there's volcanoes, rainforest, Mauna Kea at nearly 14,000 feet.

15. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

We went to Montego Bay in Jamaica in 2000 for our Honeymoon. Great trip, and the Sandals resorts rock.

All-Inclusive is definitely the way to go!!!

16. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

He is going on his Honeymoon, so monitoring the beeb is definitely high on the list of things to do. :D

17. wingnutks

Sure! PM me the info
    LOL