Horrible New Years Day (kinda graphic)

Discussion in 'General' started by TrackStar, Jan 3, 2011.

1. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

Had a similar situation when my friend crashed a few years ago, it was a tough call not doing cpr and in the back of my mind I had the what ifs and maybes. You did what you could, like they have said, most would just look on.

2. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

The Beeb always comes through in making my day better, thanks for the pick up. :)

3. Yes, and yes.

4. SurfingRools

SurfingRools Well-Known Member

well thats good to hear considering no one really knows what cause the incident.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure it's a moot point since the kid crossed the center line and could have easily killed a number of other people due to her error - no matter what the base excuse for her crossing the line she still did it.

6. Looks pretty crystal-clear to me. Sorry you aren't grasping the concept.

7. wwsuzuki

wwsuzuki Well-Known Member

TrackStar you went above and beyond what most people would do!

8. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Good on you, Trackstar! You did what you could. Not every patient/victim makes it and that's a hard reality to accept firsthand. Don't feel guilty; know that you have what it takes to step up and act when it really counts.

9. hungry4pwr

hungry4pwr Well-Known Member

way to go man. it sucks that your year started off like this, but rest assured, you did the right thing! RIP young lady...

10. DrummerDaveB

DrummerDaveB The Spartan

Wow, that's terrible. So sorry you had to see that.
    But good on you for trying.

11. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Good on ya for giving it a try - most folks wouldnt have ene done that .

+1 on the trauma code flight , most agencies see that as a non-flight .

12. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

Texting?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, cops felt she was playing with an ipod, doubt anyone will know for sure but it still doesn't change that she wasn't driving and crossed the line killing herself and almost killing others.

14. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

I agree. Sad all around and most likely preventable.

I hate driving on two lane roads for this very reason. Drive from STL to Dayton quite a bit and the most dangerous bit IMO is the two laner (HWY35).

15. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Sorry you had to go through that and RIP to the young lady.

16. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Driving while distracted is a much bigger problem then many people will admit - you quickly come to realize this after cleaning up a few accidents of these types.

RIP to the young lady, and good effort on the part of the OP stepping up to the plate like that - it isn't easy.

17. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Her phone was sitting in the center console, didnt even budge in the wreck. I didnt see the ipod and I was all over in that car. From what I got after they extracated her was that the Ipod was between her legs. Thats their best guess, roads were pretty clear and there was no evidence that she even tried to hit the brakes. Drivers of the other vehicle said she didnt drift... she swerved into their lane.

18. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

Maybe dropped the iPod and swerved. Was she wearing a seatbelt? Or was it bad enough it didn't matter?

I watched an idiot do this same thing in front of my house. He had two wheels over the center line at the middle of the block and by the time he was at the intersection three houses down he was completely in the wrong lane. Luckily no one coming and a slow speed limit saved him. He wound up driving over the sidewalk on the wrong side of the road and center punched a fire hydrant snapping it off. I never did see brake lights come on. He took out a good length of neighbor's fence before he finally tagged a tree. Because of this moron we had a boil water alert for two days because he broke the water main.

People need to pay attention if they are driving something large enough to kill other people.

19. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

Fixed.

OP, that's tragic to have to witness / deal with. Her fate was decided before you stepped out of your car. I'd stand up and applaud you if you walked into my office after something like that.

20. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Chest compressions will oscillate the lungs if the airway is clear and open (not in this case), as well as circulating the blood. I learned from EMT school that fully circulated blood still contains a good bit of oxygen. So even if there is no rescue breaths, chest compressions will help.