1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAshville Track Day

Discussion in 'General' started by wera94, Jun 24, 2003.

1. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

We are having another track day at the Nashville SuperSpeedway. We had an awesome turn out in March. We had over 100 riders, and over 750 spectators. We hope to have another turn out like the last one.
    If ou need any info- Go to www.castlepowersports.com
    Or call me at - 615-851-4402
    Or email me at - [email protected]

Thanks abunch!!!! :moon: Tim Brewer

2. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

I will rush right over:rolleyes::Poke:

3. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

Is it on Sunday again?

4. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

That will be the 1st time you've gone fast at anything won't it!!!:clap:

5. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: NAshville Track Day

Yes Sir!!! Sunday again!!!

6. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

750 spectators?????:eek: You're kidding right???

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Yeah, why didn't they come to the WERA race in May? :)

8. Tank Boy

Tank Boy clank clank boom

I can believe 750 if you count all the all the camp followers and hangers on with the riders.

It is a fun track and I'm tempted to take the new street toy (YZF600R).

Are the dates for the rest of the year on the Castle web site?

9. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

NO! I'm not kidding. 787 spectators to be exact!! That is not including the riders, or the staff!!!:moon:

10. MarkB

Damn!!! Well, tell Mongo what it is you guys do that he doesnt. Then maybe I'll get paid for turning up for these races, instead of costing me........

...by the way, Nashville track rocks, I loved it:beer:

11. WERA 20

WERA 20 Well-Known Member

Damn!!! Well, tell Mongo what it is you guys do that he doesnt.

They only charged ten dollars instead of twenty to thirty depending on the day. Don't you think you would double the turnout if you went down on the gate fee? If you cut the gate fee in half and had double the spectators ( if not more ) there would be that much more sold at vendors and more people actually getting into the sport. Just a thought !!!!!!!!!

Went to the last track day that Castle had, and it was put on very well. Timmy and the crew did an awesome job, I don't think the ambulance rolled all day. All except some crybaby ( which I accidentally bumped into going into turn one ) but it was all good. Sorry dude but you were in the race class, I thought someone was supposed to bump you. I am just sorry it was me !

12. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

So when is it? Yeah, yeah, I suck at the internet. Whatever, whatever....

13. MarkB

Re: Damn!!! Well, tell Mongo what it is you guys do that he doesnt.

Absolutely right, and perhaps worth a try.... However, what about leaving all my priceless possessions (warmers, tools, mobile, camcorder etc) hanging around unguarded in my pit, with hoards of spectators drifting around??? Right now, we have a private club - so almost zero theft. But that could change.

Still, I guess its not all a bad thing, we'd just need to keep better tabs on our shit.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2003
  14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Re: Re: Damn!!! Well, tell Mongo what it is you guys do that he doesnt.

We never had a problem during 5 AMA seasons. ;)

15. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Advertise!!They do an awesome job. I wouldn't want all that responsibility on me. They just don't advertise. We did!!!

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It would also help to not have tornados saturday night less than 10 miles away and all throgh the area...

17. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

You have a point!!! We had Tornados the whole week before that! I had a good time anyway. I appreciate what yall do!!

18. backdraftmoto

backdraftmoto I make Nissan trucks...

Re: Damn!!! Well, tell Mongo what it is you guys do that he doesnt.

There is no excuse for running into someone (the same person) twice during a trackday for extra practice. Race class or not, you were riding a bit hard. The "crybaby" was not the only person who didn't care for your exuberant riding style during the day. He was just the one who mentioned it.

19. WERA 20

WERA 20 Well-Known Member

There is no excuse for running into someone (the same person) twice during a trackday

I only bumped into him once, and I went over to apologize to him and he would not even talk to me. I was just trying to get some times in to go by for the up coming WERA race. I thought that was what a track day was for. The guy came down to my pit after the second CLOSE call and shown no respect for me, after I tried to apologize to him. I AM SORRY,what else can I say. Both times were going into turn one, I watched SEVERAL close calls in that
    spot from several other riders. That same spot also witnessed a few wrecks during the WERA races. The helicopter flew on one of those I do believe.

:beer:

20. wera94

wera94 Well-Known Member

Hey!Hey!Hey! Break it up!!! Break it up! Nothing to see here!!!!!:moon: Settle down Beavis!!!!