1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miller Motorsports Park Enduro first time questions

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Clive, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Clive

Clive Active Member

I'm planning on making the enduro this year at Miller (assuming there is one), and have some questions I haven't found answers to.

One of the guys on the team is a novice racer that hasn't raced in a couple years. With AFM (where we currently race) he is required to go back through the new racer school. Are Novice racers allowed to run in the enduro?

We are looking at which bike to run and one of them is a GSXR750. Is that a middle weight class bike with WERA?

What are the minimum riders required to run the enduro?

Thanks!

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes there will be one. Yes Novices can race Endurance. 750 is a HW bike. Minimum is two riders.

3. Clive

Clive Active Member

Great Thanks!

Where would I find the rules for endurance races?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  4. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

5. Clive

Clive Active Member

right

6. D Cantrell

D Cantrell Well-Known Member

Miller is a great track and facility. Make the trip, you will be glad you did.

7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

That you Savacool?

With there being no AFM confllictit this year, I hope us west-coast guys make a good showing. The 6-hour is a total blast.
    --dave

8. CNI Dawg

Sounds like this is your 1st endurance effort...got me thinking
    it's kinda hard to find info on endurance racing
    THere are a few threads on it
    start with this one for a few tips

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?t=228604

I really like endurance racing - I hope you do too & have a lot of fun doing it

Racing Miller sounds like a blast !
    Hope you have a great time.
    Be safe & have lots of fun !

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  9. Clive

Clive Active Member

Whats'up Dave! After doing a couple track days last June at Miller I didn't want to miss the enduro this year. Next to Laguna it's the best track I've ridden.

Thanks CNI Dawg for the link! Lot's of good info. Where do you get the 7 gallon fuel tanks and the quick change wheel equipment?

And how important are the dry brake systems?

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Importance is relative. For the first one I wouldn't worry as much about the toys and just go have fun. Then once you're addicted go after the trick stuff :D

11. CNI Dawg

THe gas tanks are custom made - I'd guess around $1000
    Dry brake setups are expensive too around $300 for the head & $300 for the receiver then you need a tank custom made or one company makes them for around $300

Keep your eye open for used stuff in the for sale section to save some money
    THey are few & far between tho :(

Ace has an endurance tank for a 06/07 CBR1000RR for sale on 1000rr.net

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Clive,

As usual Mongo has good advice. However, if you are trying to be competitive, quick fueling is is a good place to look. There are alternatives to a dry-break. We used a MX quickdump prior to getting a DB, and it worked well, but the load tank only holds 4 gals.

Miller is super fun and maybe by moving it to June we will have less bizarre weather to deal with.

13. D Cantrell

D Cantrell Well-Known Member

I ran an Acerbis mx style quick fill. It holds 5+ gallons of fuel and will fill my Suzuki tank in approx 30 seconds. We also modified the rear axle and caliper so that they are held in place during a rear tire change. We can change the rear tire in less than 60 seconds. That is not as fast as full-on quick change equipment, but it served our purpose very well. These are a couple of rather inexpensive options for teams starting out.

Have fun, be safe.

Good luck!

14. AFM555

AFM555 The Surf Monkey

Thank goodness for no AFM/WERA schedule conflict this year!!